M1A2 AI gunner has extreme accuracy loss when shooting Heat happens randomly.

Assassin 7

I have noticed this when playing missions, I know I had a good range, correct index and the target was close. The round flies right over my target and im like what was that, so I wanted to test it. I tested the AI just shooting M830 under 3000 meters. the AI tank seems to have extreme accuracy loss. The AI tank is traveling slow and stops to engage. I have also tested this from the shooting tank and seen something very strange happening with the AI gunner and the M830 accuracy. Could this be looked at please and tested by others to see if they are seeing the same things as in these videos?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this is what I'm running into?  I've played the Tank Range several times now (with the M1A2) and everything is going fine, I'm hitting all the targets, and then all of a sudden I cannot hit a moving wheeled BMP no matter what I try, the round always lands short.  I can't advance and end up just closing it out and trying again.  I've tried first and last return switching, always falls short, moving towards, away, and across my view.  Or am I doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, Assassin 7 said:

On the Abrams platform the Gunner is required to select the ammunition index due to the ammunition subdue and the Tanks CCF to that round. Sb has this implemented for the gunner.

SB wiki explains the keys- http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M1A2_(SEP)#Indexing_Ammo

I didn't realize that, thanks.  I have to just pick a tank and learn it and stop switching around from the M1 to the Leopard and Challenger.  I tried what it says (switch to HEAT - DEL key) when the chamber is switched (i.e. after the last loaded SABOT round is out) and now I'm firing high all the time, even when I put the reticle as low as I can.  First thing that came to mind...why is the index 'switch' not automatically set when the loader changes rounds?  Why would it be on the gunner to try and remember what's in there?  And how do I know what's actually loaded (visually)?  I see the 'round type' at the top right when I hit the key, but is this just showing me the index, or is that what's actually loaded, and why is it flashing sometimes?  This isn't explained in the tutorials, wiki, or the manual that I can see.

Edited by aleader

Funny, I was just watching your 'Steel Beasts for New Players' video to find some answers on how to make the enemy tanks shoot back 😁  I was playing around in the editor, placed some Challengers and Apaches on one end of the map, had a 6 tank platoon of T80's run right into them...and nothing happened.  They all just became friends?   Don't they automatically engage one another as they do in DCS/Combat Mission, etc?  I can't figure out what to assign to them in the right-click menu. EDIT:  just figured it out...BLUE or RED party at the top right of the editor?

I think I was doing everything correctly as in your above video (thanks for that).  Do you use a mouse or joystick for aim?  I find the joystick a lot easier to follow moving targets.  Does it matter when you switch the index (i.e. do you have to wait for the loader to call 'heat up'), or can I anticipate it and switch just before?  

Also, what are you using to take your videos?  It would probably be helpful if I could post a short vid on here.

Edited by aleader

17 minutes ago, aleader said:

Funny, I was just watching your 'Steel Beasts for New Players' video to find some answers on how to make the enemy tanks shoot back 😁  I was playing around in the editor, placed some Challengers and Apaches on one end of the map, had a 6 tank platoon of T80's run right into them...and nothing happened.  They all just became friends?   Don't they automatically engage one another as they do in DCS/Combat Mission, etc?  I can't figure out what to assign to them in the right-click menu. EDIT:  just figured it out...BLUE or RED party at the top right of the editor?

I think I was doing everything correctly as in your above video (thanks for that).  Do you use a mouse or joystick for aim?  I find the joystick a lot easier to follow moving targets.  Does it matter when you switch the index (i.e. do you have to wait for the loader to call 'heat up'), or can I anticipate it and switch just before?  

Also, what are you using to take your videos?  It would probably be helpful if I could post a short vid on here.

He is using OBS. 

46 minutes ago, aleader said:

I was playing around in the editor, placed some Challengers and Apaches on one end of the map, had a 6 tank platoon of T80's run right into them...and nothing happened.  They all just became friends?

Did you set the bad guys to the red team?

Check the upper right hand corner "blue" and"red"

20 hours ago, aleader said:

Figured it out now.  I wait to switch index after it starts flashing and now I can hit everything.  Not sure what was up before.