M1A2 SEP Commanders Weapon

methered

Just upgraded to 4.163! Great stuff!

When firing the 50 Cal (Alt F3), the view initially pops to behind the 50 Cal with the rear peep sight placed in the up position. However, it's set up at minimum range and I can't find any way to adjust the range. This means that any target out past about 200 meters is covered up by the sight itself when elevating for superelevation.

Secondly, after firing away for a bit, leaving the 50 Cal and then coming back using Alt F3, the view pops to an offset view to the left and above the gun rather than the view I described above. I'm still allowed to fire the 50 Cal, but have to do so without any sights at all. I can't seem to find a way to get back to the gunsight view.

Any ideas? I'm such a newbie that I may be missing the obvious!

R, Jim

"When firing the 50 Cal (Alt F3), the view initially pops to behind the 50 Cal with the rear peep sight placed in the up position. However, it's set up at minimum range and I can't find any way to adjust the range. This means that any target out past about 200 meters is covered up by the sight itself when elevating for superelevation."

Use your right "Shift" + "Up arrow key" or "down arrow key" to adjust your iron sight.

"Secondly, after firing away for a bit, leaving the 50 Cal and then coming back using Alt F3, the view pops to an offset view to the left and above the gun rather than the view I described above. I'm still allowed to fire the 50 Cal, but have to do so without any sights at all. I can't seem to find a way to get back to the gunsight view."

This seems to be a bug, it is happening after the first reload of the 50 Cal. When you go back to the Alt-F3 view to fire it takes you to this view. 

SS_19_44_28.jpg

Edited by Assassin 7

30 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

It’s not a bug.  It’s the alternate view firing position that allows you to adjust fire by using the tracers.  “O” should put you back into the sight view.  “N” will get you a better, ie. closeup, view from each position. 

I stand corrected then, in the new SB manual?

Folks; Thanks for the hints.

The RSHF UPAROW and DOWNAROW do the job to adjust the 50 Cal sights and the 'O' key will toggle between the sights and looking out over the gun. Makes me a lot more effective with the 50 Cal!

R, Jim

3 hours ago, methered said:

Folks; Thanks for the hints.

The RSHF UPAROW and DOWNAROW do the job to adjust the 50 Cal sights and the 'O' key will toggle between the sights and looking out over the gun. Makes me a lot more effective with the 50 Cal!

R, Jim

R-Shift+Scroll Wheel will also set the range.