Internal lighting

CriticalMass

Somehow, I managed to find myself in a scenario starting under moonlight. How do I see the M1A2 CITV buttons? Is there internal lighting? I've checked the docs, honest, and searched the forum, but could only find a reference to "blue lit" mod from 2014. 

Edited by CriticalMass

14 hours ago, CriticalMass said:

Somehow, I managed to find myself in a scenario starting under moonlight. How do I see the M1A2 CITV buttons? Is there internal lighting? I've checked the docs, honest, and searched the forum, but could only find a reference to "blue lit" mod from 2014. 

I think there was a mod for it.

• Members

Yeah, you know, I could order the programmers to work on anything I want, anytime, as long as I'm willing to pay the price for that. Whenver they work on a fancy side issue they can't work on something else that we consider important. So, do we work on pretty stuff, or on important stuff? I like "pretty" like everybody else, but my considerable ambitions go slightly beyond that.

8 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I laugh at your sad face!

Where's your God now?

Pretty stuff can be important stuff too, you know.

As Gibsonm said:

7 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Ah so now the flood gates open:

Active IR

Searchlights

Image Intensifiers

Flares

Trip Flares

Glow from cigarettes

All these can have a positive impact on "training content"

(Though I am a little hazy on the difference between Image Intensifiers and Nigh Vision Goggles)

Oh and don't forget Illumination Artillery.

🙂 

I guess the best way to go about this is for Ssnake to sell more SB so that eSim generates more revenue and hires another programmer who's title could be something like "Pretty things developer"

I mean it'll happen eventually.

Just look at the bouncing road wheels, and how much we all scoffed with derision the very notion!

Now they don't even bounce straight up & down, they bounce in a Circle!

*insane laughter*

Just food for thought.

🙂

Ssnake's motto: "Progress, it's being made."

Edited by Hedgehog

14 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

All these can have a positive impact on "training content"

Not really for "current" training content.

Most of what I listed would apply to training in the 60 - 80s (pre widespread use of TI and NVGs).

14 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

(Though I am a little hazy on the difference between Image Intensifiers and Nigh Vision Goggles)

Think about being able to shoot at night from CVR(T) Scorpion which had II sights well before most people wore NVGs.

Edited by Gibsonm

11 hours ago, Grenny said:

You all have silly wishes.

The only thing that matters is the TC hatch of the Marder, with a MILAN launcher mounted to it

And a spike for the CV90. ;)

But I'd be happy with a old Leopard 1 optical range finder too and vintage active IR.

Edited by stormrider_sp