Uparmored HEMTT

Mirzayev

While messing around with the mission editor, I tried out the HEMTT's uparmored option. To say it looks like "hillbilly armor" is accurate. Is this meant to replicate Soldiers doing what they can to improve their vehicle? Also, it is supposed to look like the armor is coated in a layer of rust? 

Regular. 

SS_22_34_27.thumb.jpg.1bebffa967a072af8fb7c42397375eec.jpg

"Uparmored"

SS_22_34_34.thumb.jpg.770541c1ea7642aad42434894dc1de54.jpg

For comparison, here is a photo of the same model of a HEMTT wrecker with regular, early uparmored, and modern uparmored versions:

Regular variant.

HEMTT_M1120A2.thumb.jpg.e91710b5e6ae96acd396339ef2288b87.jpg

Early uparmored (Iraq in 06-07)

85575041_1280px-Hemtt_iraq(1).thumb.jpg.709d72cabdda991849383f6a16e0c2ef.jpg

Modern Uparmored (around mid-2013)

HEMTT_M1120A4.thumb.jpg.9f194da30f61328a7d6d7f2ce9da4ead.jpg

These armor options represent "improvised" armor as seen on various Hemtt's.  I presume this was a stop gap option to provide protection from small arms until the later "up-armored" cab's could be retrofitted to enough trucks, and shipped over sea's.  It was also seen on many Humvee's early in the war on terror, and later faded from service once factory built options became available. 

These pictures are from prime portal if I recall correctly, I have more, but you get the idea.   For steelbeasts, this is the first in what we hope to become many vehicles with this type of option in the future.  Because this type of modification is very common in warfare, throughout history. 

HEMTT_M977_04.jpg

m1074-75_01_of_17.JPG

That all makes sense, thanks for the responses. 

I'm familiar with "hillbilly armor," but "uparmored" to me means an actual kit applied to a vehicle after a retrofit, rather than Soldiers welding armor onto the vehicle to get more protection.

Maybe label it "Improvised Armor" as opposed to "Uparmored" in the editor for the future, to avoid confusion.

3 hours ago, RogueSnake79 said:

For steelbeasts, this is the first in what we hope to become many vehicles with this type of option in the future. 

i like it. i hope this idea is expanded generally, that is, the same sorts of user option to add or remove ID panels, external stowage, add on armors, external fuel drums on legacy soviet tanks, even camo nets. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

That all makes sense, thanks for the responses. 

I'm familiar with "hillbilly armor," but "uparmored" to me means an actual kit applied to a vehicle after a retrofit, rather than Soldiers welding armor onto the vehicle to get more protection.

Maybe label it "Improvised Armor" as opposed to "Uparmored" in the editor for the future, to avoid confusion.

Good point, maybe its not too difficult to change the wording there to be more descriptive. We will look into that...