AI ammo management

Maj.Hans

I wanted to ask if it would be possible to get some functionality added to assist the AI with managing ammo selection?  I don't know if they current engine would even support this so I don't want to throw it on the wish list.

Specifically, I just thought a few things might be nice to have added during scenario design, but like I said I don't know if the sim can handle it?

First, the ability to select or randomize main gun loading at scenario start.  For example to order that 50% of AI units will load up with Battle-carry HEAT instead of Sabot in their guns at scenario start. 

Second, the ability to order tanks capable of switching ammo types after loading to NOT leave certain specialty rounds in the gun, or certain rounds under certain conditions.  So that, for example, Leopard 2's or Abrams tanks that loaded M830A1 MPAT, DM13 PELE, or Cannister can be told "It's not cool to drive around with that loaded, if you aren't firing it, reload with Sabot", or even if they have HEAT loaded but are about to move into thick woods, to unload it and go back to Sabot.

• Members

The wishlist does not care about how difficult it is to implement items on it. It just collects.

_I_ on the other hand must decide which 99.5% of all suggestions aren't a priority, and reject them accordingly. Well, I rarely "reject" a suggestion (unless it clearly goes against design principles that I hold dear, or are otherwise highly problematic because of second-order effects, were they to be implemented in the suggested form). I'm just "postponing" wishlist items. That's not just spin doctoring. Circumstances change, and with them priorities. We postponed bouncing roadwheels for a long time until one day we didn't, to name but one example.