Emerging Fledgling

ssidiver

I wanted to makes a scenario that you could enjoy in different ways eg attack, defend, counter attack and just plain shoot'm up. But it got overly complicated and the map suffered from badly maintained bridges. So I decided to make a series of three scenarios.

The first 'Emerging Fledgling' has been uploaded, a 'simple' capture the hill, I don't seem to be able to do simple, things just naturally drift to complicated. I do hope a couple of people enjoy it.

My usual work flow is:
1. Friendly units and scripted routes; I like to solve simple little problems and this gives wonderful opportunities to do that, as I test for 'smooth' travel along the routes, it always takes many tests. Also there maybe friendly units that you can't control, not all of them 'blue' units. I usually start with a company group, then there maybe other friendly units nearby that are modeled. And occasionally other 'friendly' forces.
2. After I am satisfied that those routes are good I add the OpFor and their routes. Using the same process. Usually not as many simple problems as I like them to be unpredictable.
3. Then I change the OpFor units to randomly spawn.
4. After that I test and test looking to get an approximate 50% chance for the friendly units to attain their goal in a reasonable time etc. To do this I adjust the OpFor spawn chances as well as the chances of them using different routes.

That's it; I usually leave the vast majority of the friendly scripting intact, the player can sit back and watch, or naturally, take control themselves and beat the 50% chance of attaining the goal.

Red randomness should make the scenario interesting to play more than once.

Emerging Fledgling and the following scenarios are completely fictional.

I notice a few people have downloaded 'Emerging Fledgling', Thank you, I hope you have enjoyed it.

'Emerging Fledgling 2' is awaiting approval. This time the major Intersection 7675 must be held until the arrival of the Task Force. I don't think it is much more difficult then 'Emerging Fledgling', except that the intersection can be quite busy and  New Katarie forces are now wandering around seemingly at random.

Downloaded and took a quick look in the mission editor and noticed two things: 

1. You will win the scenario in 25 minutes, no matter what. There are no victory conditions, other than when 25 minute elapses.

2. Scenario description and briefing also say that the player controls 2 x platoons and that the computer will control the rest, but the player actually controls all BLUE elements. 

2 hours ago, ssidiver said:

New Katarie forces are now wandering around seemingly at random.

Personal opinion - I wasn't a fan of the defending AI setup - it wasn't really a coherent defense, but that might just be a design method that you have. No harm, no foul. 

I am guessing you downloaded 'Emerging Fledgling' not 'Emerging Fledgling 2' because 2 is not available yet.

The briefing for 'Emerging Fledgling' states 'You are in command of two platoons 1 & 3, move forward and capture Hill 7779'. And those two platoons have no scripting at all.

'Emerging Fledgling' is also a prequel to 'Emerging Fledgling 2' in which platoons 2 & 4 have no scripting and where you have to hold the intersection, I say again that scenario as described above is not available for download yet.

My apologies for posting about the next scenario before it is available to download.