Russian air assault company problems

RedWardancer

So, I am working on a scenario.  Blue side is defending an airfield.  Red side wants that airfield.  To start the offensive, Red has a company of air assault to begin the first wave.  Playtested the first Hind-E (HQ 011) to land at four randomly potential LZs.  When I playtested the sequence at LZ1, no problems.  The dismounts got out and the bird flew away.  Second one, LZ 2, things were scratchy.  Sometimes the helo would just hover and not fly to any LZ at all, other times the helo would reach LZ 2 but would not drop off the dismounts consistently.  HQ 011 would not go to LZ 3 or LZ 4 at all.  For the Embark If... windows, I made certain each LZ route had "0-x"  Random Variable "new" < "x".  Each waypoint in the LZs were set to Troops - Dismount with a 20 second delay when true before the helo leaves.  The actions are inconsistent through the testings.  Clearly doing something wrong, not sure what it is.  

Using Scania SE edited map, 17km x 13 km.  Only added a company of blue forces and a company of red forces.  

SS_23_41_04.jpg

SS_23_41_29.jpg

SS_23_41_43.jpg

Did you copy and paste the routes from the known good test (LZ1) or start from scratch each time?

Did you set the flight height of the helicopter to "Ground level" so the troops could get out?

There a bunch of potential issues here and more detail / specifics would help.

The problem is this... New is evaluated for each route. So a 0<new< 25 and 25<new<50 etc could all be false as the system is generating a new variable for each route. You need a route which is non conditioned for each branching group, if one of the conditioned routes is not selected then it will embark on the non conditioned route.

If you want say 4 routes to pick a single random route use one of the x numbers then you can do 0<X1<25, 25<x1<50, 50<X1<75, 75<X1<100

I changed the new part to X1-X4 with a 25% chance per route.  Same irregular behavior.  Sometimes, the helo stayed put.  Sometimes the helo flew to the first two LZs but never the latter two.  The dismounts always jumped off in LZ 1, but not the other.  

I shall erase the Red side's LZs and routes to this point.  I will start over from there.  When I come back, or if someone has a solution beforehand, I will script out each and every process with the Red helos.  

UPDATE:  I created a brand new mission using the tutorial map.   Added a section of two Hind-E's for Red, added a scout team and placed them far away from the LZs.  Here's what happened step by step.

1. Created four Landing Zones numbered 1-4.

2. Created Waypoint 1 inside LZ 1.

3. Created four engage routes, 2-5, for each Hind-E team: 011-1, 011-2, 012-1, and 012-2.  

4. Each engage route was given the Embark if... this unit "IS" unit "011-1" and so on.

5. Set Troops > Dismount, and Flight Height > Ground Level for WP 1.

6. Created exit route for helos to Waypoint 6.

7. Set exit route for helos to WP 6 with Embark If... this unit IS unit 1 C0/01... AND... unit 1 Co/01 IS NOT Carrying Troops.  Also set: After true, delay by 0:20.

8. Created engage route to WP 1.  

Tested this three times.  Three Go's at this task.

Repeated for LZ 2.  Created Waypoint 7 inside LZ 2.  

9. Created four engage routes 8-11 for the dismounts.

10. repeated steps 3-5.

11. Created exit route waypoint 12.  Repeated step 7.

12.  Changed the Embark If for helos.  LZ 1 was 0 Random Variable X1 50; LZ 2 was 50 Random Variable X2 100.

Tested seven times.  Five Gos, two No-go's.  No-go meaning the helos did not move at all.  Four times they went to LZ 2, once to LZ 1.

Created LZ 3.

13. Created dismount engage routes 13-16. 

14. Repeated steps 3-5.

15. Created waypoint 17 for exit out of LZ 3.  Repeated step 7.

16. Changed the Embark If for helos.  Values were 0 to 35 X1 for LZ 1; 35 to 70 X2 for LZ 2; 70 to 100 X3 for LZ 3.

Tested ten times.  Six Gos, four No-go's.  Of the six successes, once to LZ 1, five to LZ 2, NONE TO LZ 3.

There's clearly something wrong here.  Leaving a copy of my Air Assault Test scenario for evaluation.

Air assault test.sce

Edited by RedWardancer
giving an update

Whoops.  Er...um...heheh.

Reran tests after changing the variable back.  It works.  10 test runs, 6 to LZ-1, the others split two apiece to LZ-2 and LZ-3.  Did not suffer any No-Go's.  

I should have remembered this.  It variables work the same way as spawning a unit to different locations using the JUMP TO END IF...  Create each route, use ONE variable, but different values.  

(crawls into a hole and hides)