Steel Beasts freezes when selecting Fullscreen

stormrider_sp

I mistankely installed an old version of steel beasts in this computer and now Steel Beasts 4.163 wont go fullscreen. I tried running in Safe mode and Debug, same results. As soon as I click OK in the Display options, it freezes and had to be manually and forcibly terminated. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it to no effect.

Please help!

I fixed it somehow.... 😲

I was getting prepared to backup the main stuff that I would need after a system format, but also, I decided to repair as much Microsoft crap as possible as a last resort. So I started by uninstalling most app that came with my MSI B450 motherboard, including nahimic which I didnt know, but is the similar app to that asus sonicsomething that is known to cause this problem. I also uninstalled geforce experience app and then, on the same windows 10 apps & features, I clicked on every Microsoft .Net crap and visual shit++ there were (and they are many!) and then click on modify > repair for those that had this option. After a few of them and their restart cycles, and tried opening sb and changing to fullscreen and to my surprise, it was normal again. I feel relieved.

Edited by stormrider_sp

Thanks for the guidance, stormrider,

I also have an Asus (Maximus VIII Gene) motherboard.  I deleted the Asus Sonic plug-in listed on the Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

page. SB windowed/non-windowed function works perfectly now.

Great tip,.. Thanks!

Wax Savage