Network Session Problems

Tankman19

So, my old tank commander FINALLY got Steel Beast so we can relive the good old days.  I haven't played in several years and had to upgrade to the 4.162 version (latest I believe).  We tried for almost 2 hours to get connected without success.  I looked up and tried every possible IP related addresses I could find on my PC.  Restarted, modem, router, and PC.  Changed network settings to everything it could be changed to...  I tried disabling my windows firewall as well.  WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG???  PLEASE HELP!  What should the host network settings be?  Which IP address does he need to plug in?  I have AT&T fiber internet if that matters...  Also tried both router frequencies 2.4 and 5 mhz

17 hours ago, Tankman19 said:

So, my old tank commander FINALLY got Steel Beast so we can relive the good old days.  I haven't played in several years and had to upgrade to the 4.162 version (latest I believe).  We tried for almost 2 hours to get connected without success.  I looked up and tried every possible IP related addresses I could find on my PC.  Restarted, modem, router, and PC.  Changed network settings to everything it could be changed to...  I tried disabling my windows firewall as well.  WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG???  PLEASE HELP!  What should the host network settings be?  Which IP address does he need to plug in?  I have AT&T fiber internet if that matters...  Also tried both router frequencies 2.4 and 5 mhz

FYI: Ver 4.163 is the latest.

Both machines need to be running the same version (both 4.163 or both 4.162, not 4.163 on one machine and 4.162 on the other).

One machine needs to be a Host (this does require some network configuration) and the other a "Client" (doesn't require network configuration) - you can't have two Hosts or two Clients.

I've attached a document I've recently written for soldiers to use our software at home and it may help you (failing that send me a PM and we can link up in Teamspeak and talk you through it):

Update: I removed the file as 5 people downloaded it and I suspect none were you. It contains private information so I'll add it to the PM instead.

Edited by Gibsonm

Also a thingy thats not mentioned here except if it was in Marks doc. Is that the one doing the hosting needs to have a public ip address otherwise you cant see each other   

Class Private Networks Subnet Mask
A 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0
B 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.0.0 255.240.0.0
C 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0

All of these dont work unless they get rerouted in the firewall

Best Regard

MD

7 hours ago, Major duck said:

Also a thingy thats not mentioned here except if it was in Marks doc. Is that the one doing the hosting needs to have a public ip address otherwise you cant see each other   

Class Private Networks Subnet Mask
A 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0
B 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.0.0 255.240.0.0
C 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0

All of these dont work unless they get rerouted in the firewall

Best Regard

MD

Yes that is mentioned, as well as setting a static IP on the host machine so the routes remain accurate. :)

Currently working with him through / around AT&T hardware limitations. :)