.wav files

Bat

Hello all, hope you`re all well. I wonder if you can help me. I`m trying to add a .wav file to a control logic Blue Event. I`ve downloaded a mission from this site with .wav files and they work, however my .wav file I`ve got does not work. Please help.

Many thanks for your reply, it`s much appreciated. Hopefully this should give some more detail.

1. Is the .wav file placed in the Media folder?  YES

2. What is the wav quality? (44khz, stereo)  How do I find this out?

3. How are you testing it? (MP/SP/Editor)  Editor and SP

4. Are you sure the event/condition is working? How?  I`m checking it through the Control Logic; Blue Event. When I load the .wav file, when I hit the play button, it doesn`t work. However I`ve loaded a .wav file from a downloaded mission from this website from someone else`s mission and it works.

Edited by Bat

Hopefully this is what you want if I`ve understood you correctly.

1.jpg is showing how I loaded the sound file (smell). 2.jpg is showing I can`t depress the button to play the sound file.

3.jpg and 4.jpg is showing the same procedure to upload a different file (Brief) but now you can see on 4.jpg that the play button has been depressed and the sound file is working.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Members

Are you certain that it is "Destroyed" and not merely "very badly damaged"?

(change it for a trigger, and test that. If it plays, it must be a matter of the condition)

If not even a trigger causes the playback, check the file path. It's probably not the wav file as such, and if not even a manual trigger launches the playback, what's left (other than a bug) is a problem with the path name. Is it the correct folder? Does the path contain problematic characters?

Hi Ssnake,

Just to recap for you. The wav file is in the media folder as are others. I have added other wav files (Brief.wav) and this works. this wav file was downloaded with a mission from this site. The smell.wav doesn`t work. So would it be a condition that is causing the problem, as other wav files do work with the current condition set?

I`ve just created a simple condition with a rectangular box and a vehicle. When the vehicle moves into the box the wav file should play. I used the Brief.wav and the smell.wav. The Brief.wav worked, the smell.wav did not work. Very strange. i`ve attached the two wav files for you to experiment with if you do not mind. Many thanks.

Brief.wav smell.wav

Edited by Bat

• Members

That's true, there are a number of rather crazy sub-type combinations, e.g. with 32 bit floating point numbers. The easiest solution is probably to look at Brief.wav which demonstrably works, and then to convert Smell.wav to the same sub-variant.

19 hours ago, Bat said:

I`ve just created a simple condition with a rectangular box and a vehicle. When the vehicle moves into the box the wav file should play. I used the Brief.wav and the smell.wav. The Brief.wav worked, the smell.wav did not work. Very strange. i`ve attached the two wav files for you to experiment with if you do not mind. Many thanks.

Brief.wav 6.68 MB · 1 download smell.wav 234.41 kB · 1 download

As suspected - your smell.wav is in ACM waveform. This is a sub-format of .wav (there are a bunch, see below). I converted it to a Windows PCM .wav and it worksimage.png.7374d86ea753ed24ac7cbf84a832c6d4.png

smell.wav

That`s outstanding guys, many thanks for your help. As a matter of interest Apocalypse 31, what program did you use and is it easy enough to convert or do you need to pay 100`s of $/£ for a program to do this? Again many thanks to you both for your help.