Smoke generators! [RESOLVED]

Michael Ramsey

how do I eliminate the constant use of smoke generators.  There are certain vehicles that automatically turn them on during a halt and this is frustrating.  3.0 did not do this so why 4.163? I actually had the smoke generators disconnected on the real M60A3's.  Smoke does have its use but deploying it can be deadly if you skyline yourself.  I would rather have it my decision to turn it on or off. 

AI does not use smoke generators(from memory); they are enabled in route settings and set to off by default, or manually(Shift+TAB).  

1) Do you see this problem in scenario created in 4.1, or in some legacy scenario converted for use in 4.1? Can you upload this  scenario, so we can check it out?

2) When you see this issue, are you owning or manually controlling unit, which uses smoke  generator? If yes, then what about controls setup- may be there are 'Stop' or 'Engage' hotkeys  are colliding with  'Engine smoke' hotkey somehow?

On 5/9/2020 at 4:52 PM, Ssnake said:

I trust you're not mistaking the thin black sooty engine exhaust clouds for smoke generators?

Or...

If he's not accidentally pressing ALT+TAB to turn them on, and hasn't accidentally mapped it to another key stroke...Could he be having a graphics issue that renders those as too opaque?

Maybe I remember wrong but I swear he asked about this before and similar suggestions were made.

Edited by Maj.Hans

8 hours ago, Michael Ramsey said:

Just when you think you know what your doing, a careful scan of the assigned hot keys revealed "S" was assigned to halt and smoke generators.

You just invented a new drill for tactical halt:

Halt-and-cover ?