Tjay

Crusty

It is with sadness that I have to tell you a former member of the community Tjay passed away just before new year in a car accident

Some of the older members of the community will remember him, he was instrumental in setting up the first UK VU, UK Armour.

He hasn't been active here since 2016 but he and I became good friends and continued to talk weekly.

unfortunately he suffered with depression most of his adult life and the last few years were an immense struggle

for him.

I will miss our chats.

https://bourne.nub.news/n/bourne-charity-pays-tribute-to-volunteer-who-died-in-accident

I remember Tjay and enjoyed playing with him in the Community Multi-Player games.

He was helpful with me in my early years with Steel Beasts and, recently, I did wonder what happened to him.

Thanks for the notification.

This is very sad, he was a big part of getting me re-introduced to SB after a long time away. His legendary ability to find his vehicles in water when crossing bridges or to end up arguing with his dismounts over where they should be always kept me amused.

He lives on in the UK voice pack as the PC commander I believe.

5 hours ago, hoggydog said:

This is very sad, he was a big part of getting me re-introduced to SB after a long time away. His legendary ability to find his vehicles in water when crossing bridges or to end up arguing with his dismounts over where they should be always kept me amused.

He lives on in the UK voice pack as the PC commander I believe.

It's fallen in de wartah.

31 minutes ago, TankHunter said:

That line always brings a smile to my face. How he managed that so regularly I have no idea, but it evidently was a well honed skill. He was certainly amusing.

Well it was frustrating at times too.

e.g. Last battle of Red Tide, I had husbanded the UK Tk Sqn for the last decisive battle and yep by H+2 mins I think three of four CR2s had gone swimming, as Tjay and some others following his lead, went paddling.

I can laugh about it now. :)

Not SB related, but from his time in the RAF.

Back in the day when he was on Pumas the RAF used a radio system called Decca for night navigation (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decca_Navigator_System)

Anyway, Tjay had an idea to run a night navigation exercise for his squadron.

In the end Tjay spent most of the night waiting in a cold field somewhere in Germany for his squadron to turn up at his selected RV point.

Of the 12 or so aircraft taking part.

None showed.

Because it was a wartime exercise, they weren't allowed to use the Decca.

(Because it would have been turned off)

So they ended up getting lost.

All of them.

Tjay was um, unimpressed, at their performance.