Gunner HEAT PC

Galileo

A new tank "sim" or an another semi-arcade one?

The tank game you've been waiting for

It's a weird time for fans of modern tank combat games.  The straight-shooting simulator titles from the turn of the millennium are no more, replaced by free-to-play games with modern vehicles locked behind aggressive pricing or absurd playtime.  As tank nerds, we need a game that gets right to the good stuff - modern tanks, realistic system and damage models, and a focus on fun over all.  

With Gunner, HEAT, PC! we aim to make that dream a reality.  

No more staring at locked MBTs in your progression tree and wondering if you'll ever get to play them.  No more spending industry prices to buy industry simulators just for a taste of something worthy.  We're making a great tank game because that's what we want to play. 

https://gunnerheatpc.com/news

Edited by Galileo

I'm afraid the marketing pitch lost me with:

The straight-shooting simulator titles from the turn of the millennium are no more, ... SB is still here and has been around all that time.

and

No more spending industry prices to buy industry simulators just for a taste of something worthy.  Perpetuating the SB overpriced myth.

I find it amazing that in two sentences they make a sweeping statement that ignores SB and in the second takes a jab at it.

I wont be reading / watching any further.

Edited by Gibsonm

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

The straight-shooting simulator titles from the turn of the millennium are no more, ... SB is still here and has been around all that time.

and

No more spending industry prices to buy industry simulators just for a taste of something worthy.  Perpetuating the SB overpriced myth.

I find it amazing that in two sentences they make a sweeping statement that ignores SB and in the second takes a jab at it.

Don't you just love marketing.

I'll just sit and wait. Lets see if they can walk the walk...

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

and

Its good to see new tank sims in market. A little competition can only make sb and ghpc better.

4 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Agreed.

But to me lying is not a good start.

True,

But they have the option to start from scratch with a new and(maybe) better engine. They proably will have pretty looks...and that counts for something on the consumer market.

1 minute ago, Grenny said:

True,

But they have the option to start from scratch with a new and(maybe) better engine. They proably will have pretty looks...and that counts for something on the consumer market.

I think they are using unreal 4 engine. After Kunos Simulations ported Assetto Corsa into Unreal engine with no loss of fidelity, it changed my perception. AC is the Steel Beasts of racing sims.

• Members
10 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

Its good to see new tank sims in market. A little competition can only make sb and ghpc better.

That implies we're slacking, and I can't let that stand.

No matter how insanely good their title might be looking, our development is not dictated by what others are doing, nor has a mass market appeal ever been at the focus of our product development. Our competitors are in the defense/training market, and even here I'm only marginally interested in what competitors might be up to.

There's where we want to go, and there's the path we may take towards it, dictated by the conditions under which we must work. That's all that matters. I wish them luck.

Oh man...This is gonna be good.

6 hours ago, Vikingo said:

Sadly no cockpits for this sim. Maybe in a future DLC but just external view and optics. (source : official discord)

LOL this is not gonna be good.  I'm out.  It's massive multiplayer too isn't it?  And 3rd person external view only????  barf

Edited by Maj.Hans

7 hours ago, Vikingo said:

Sadly no cockpits for this sim. Maybe in a future DLC but just external view and optics. (source : official discord)

Maybe a "Steel Armour" equivalent, although I maybe selling this one short?

Oh and what's the bet that the DLC comes with a price tag. ;)

6 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Maybe a "Steel Armour" equivalent, although I maybe selling this one short?

No...Not even this can be that horrible...

I have a copy of Steel Armor somewhere.  I'm pretty sure that I installed it, got into the menu system, tried to start a campaign, crashed, restarted, started a campaign, got frustrated by the "move your units" thing, crashed again, and then uninstalled without ever actually getting into the gameplay part of the game.

• Members

We're talking about commercial software development, after all. You have to quit if there's no money to be made. Since I don't believe that making tank simulation games for a living is a receipe for acquiring substantial fortunes I decided to merge our work with work for our military customers. That's not ideal either, but at least it kept us in business for 20 years, with the associated chance of gradually improving everything for everybody.

That what I like with SB Pro PE  constant improvement years over years but how many other software devs/publisher said we "will do this if it sold well" (the big juicy carrot in front of the donkey) and even if they sold 10 millions copies they just don't care to even make a patch to fix bugs and drop the product support after 6 months. At least consumers start to see that, some big publisher are getting very unpopular with this kind of commercial policy.

A lot of people wish a great many things from products that appeal to them.  That there is such much wishing means there is that appeal as well.  

Though that said, I do aprove what Ssnake said abobe.  And I sincerely wish Esimgames stays true to chosen path.

And, more over I love Steelbeast so much that if it ever happens (unlikely)  that Id become millionaire by winning lottery or such, id donate huge portion of that for development of next generation Steelbeast by Esim games.  

As for the GHPC  I believe it has gunner sights as well...  to shoot things. There is video of such. 

And by what I have seen.. commander and possibly in future gunner position.   

yes, will have optics. "Just" no full clickable cockpits 😔 So I will keep flying up to the sky inside my Steel Beasts T-72's turret 😅 but of course is nice to see more tank sims out there or at least nice projects 

Seems that the FCS still needs some work. The M1A2 and M1A1(HA) function more like a Leopard 2.

It would also be interesting to see how the FCS performs at more realistic ranges. If you can't hit a target at sub 1000 yards in a modern tank, you have some serious issues with training.

On 5/14/2020 at 8:53 AM, Ssnake said:

With their attitude, they would make fine members of the eSim Games team. But, of course, they have their own project now.

That´s very nice! Iam sure they would be proud to hear/read that, and who knows what the future could bring. 😎

For Patreon users:

https://www.patreon.com/GunnerHEATPC

Red

Edited by Red2112
added content/link