Gunner HEAT PC

Galileo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

New public version was released today. I played it. It was fun. Worth checking out.

The game seems to be coming on well.

But i still think the tanks movements and overall speed is to agile.

Tanks are not that fast with a couple of exceptions 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The latest version now includes crew voices. The FCS for the M60A3 feels a bit off at close ranges; I notice I miss a LOT more once the enemy is within 1000 meters and less. AI could also use some work as far as scanning the flanks; flank attacks pretty much result in the enemy never seeing you. 

Otherwise, good progress. Not a Steel Beasts killer by any means, but it looks like it will be fun for a more sim-lite experience. 

2 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

AI could also use some work as far as scanning the flanks; flank attacks pretty much result in the enemy never seeing you.

Yeah, that was my first thought. I think in SB, this dude would've been dead within the first few seconds.

Don't get me wrong, this looks like fun for a more casual player. And I enjoy Cold Waters for the same reason.

The scripting or cueing of the audio snippets seem a bit off.

There were times when I was hearing "next target", but no left or right (i.e. engage a new target) closely followed by "re-engage" (i.e. you haven't finished with the first target).

I guess it will improve over time.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:35 AM, Grenny said:

Uh well, I still get annoyed in SB when the virtual TC yells "over" or "short" when the round was clearly none of that  😉

TC: "TANK!"

Me: "where?"

Hubble Space Telescope: 1" of an antenna top, 600m

AI Gunner: fires entire ready rack, missing every shot

^ This is what annoys me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The graphics in Gunner, Heat, PC look fantastic.  I've been reviewing my tank sim collection and it looks like almost everything is designed to run in DOS or Windows 98.  I have old computers around for the sole purpose of running those old games.

I've only got one tank sim that's made for Windows XP.  SB1 can run in XP but it wasn't made for it.

So - excluding SBPro PE and WOT (not really a tank sim), there's practically nothing tank-related that runs well on Win7, Win10, or above.  There are some exceptions.

Based on that, everybody should give this a fair chance.  There's hardly anything out there for us except the 20 year old tank sims.  Maybe this will be good.  It sure looks fantastic.

Generating interest in GHPC would likely lead people to check out SBProPE, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...