Gunner HEAT PC

Galileo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just say "Nope." I've followed it a year or so now. Was hopeful when I saw the initial WIP graphics, but the whole 3rd person/GPS thing.... just a dressed up game.

As if War Thunder was a skinny freckled redhead and Steel Beasts Pro was Robert Mitchum... and he got drunk and they had a baby... skinny, freckled, red hair and a manly chin.

• 3 weeks later...

The Patreon demo is $3 to access at the moment (per month) and the game will hit early access on Sep 6. Curious if anyone else has decided they will be picking it up for release. I will definitely do a long term comparison video some time after full launch.

I'm not touching early access.

The only thing that is remotely attractive to me is the quick, random battles and that might not convince me to buy it since I can already do that in Arma with more depth.

The only thing that would get me to bite would be a dynamic campaign.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 1:22 PM, Apocalypse 31 said:

The only thing that would get me to bite would be a dynamic campaign.

The Patreon demo currently has one, playable from either side.

I've been playing as a patron since January of this year and it's come a long way. Right now, my biggest gripe is that there is no separation of crew duties yet, so the gunner can't independently track targets while the commander searches for new ones. You the player have to do everything yourself. The commander's cupola views are also incomplete, so as the TC, your only view is as turned out. Both of these are on the roadmap for EA to be implemented. 3rd person view will be restricted to only when the TC is unbuttoned. And several new simulation-centric features are to be added. While this isn't going to be a professional-level sim akin to Steel Beasts, it's certainly going to be more than an obnoxious, frenetic clickfest like WoT.