New player trouble with activation

black1

2 minutes ago, black1 said:

I got everything to work, a big thank you to all who helped with directions, now I need to download the manual and get started.

You shouldn't need to download the manual - its part of the installation.

Look for "SBProManual.pdf" in the "docs" folder of  "C:\Games\SB Pro PE 4.163\" or wherever you installed the software.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members
8 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

You will need to download Java: https://www.java.com/en/download/

No, you don't.

In fact, this is the least recommended method.

Two browsers are known to "not work" - Lynx, because it doesn't work with anything other than HTML 1.0 by design, and MS Edge, because it neither supports ActiveX nor Websocket nor Java. Any other browser will support websocket connections without having to install anything. Of course, locak security settings in the browser may still prevent a successful activation. In these cases, either lift the restrictions temporarily, or contact eSim Games as recommended in the license ticket email, and we'll assist with a file based (offline) activation.

3 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

No, you don't.

In fact, this is the least recommended method.

Two browsers are known to "not work" - Lynx, because it doesn't work with anything other than HTML 1.0 by design, and MS Edge, because it neither supports ActiveX nor Websocket nor Java. Any other browser will support websocket connections without having to install anything. Of course, locak security settings in the browser may still prevent a successful activation. In these cases, either lift the restrictions temporarily, or contact eSim Games as recommended in the license ticket email, and we'll assist with a file based (offline) activation.

Sometimes Websocket doesn't work properly. I helped a guy earlier with this same week who was using Firefox. The solution was to download Java. 

3 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Also, like Mark wrote, a separate download of the user's manual is also not necessary since it's part of the Steel Beasts installation.

The version that installed with 4.162 gave text errors that didn't allow me to actually read the .pdf. Downloading and installing the 4.163 version, which I linked, which didn't install with the 4.163 patch, solved the issue. Plus, you get the latest version of the manual... WHICH DID'T INSTALL WITH THE 4.163 PATCH! (Bold font is fun! ;) )

Anyway, the guy got his license activated, and the game up and running, thanks to input from the community. I'll call that a win.

8 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

The version that installed with 4.162 gave text errors that didn't allow me to actually read the .pdf. Downloading and installing the 4.163 version, which I linked, which didn't install with the 4.163 patch, solved the issue. Plus, you get the latest version of the manual... WHICH DID'T INSTALL WITH THE 4.163 PATCH! (Bold font is fun! ;) )

FYI, I have the same properties information for both the one "post 4.163 patch" and the individual download you linked too, so I suspect it is the same manual:

Manuals.png.8ac8c894797bf143c7a42a975af938c5.png

Can't speak to the text errors though.

8 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Anyway, the guy got his license activated, and the game up and running, thanks to input from the community. I'll call that a win.

Yep, glad they are up and running.

Edited by Gibsonm