4.167 Posted

Sean

11 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Very likely, destination folder was defined not quite right during installation for some reason

I made sure it was correct both times I tried it.  I'll download the complete installer just to make sure I get it done right.

• Administrators

On the downloads page.  A couple of lines down from that text.

SB Pro Maps Download Manager – now renamed to the Map Package Transfer Manager

This tool is used to get maps from the eSimGames map server.  If you have any previous versions installed, please uninstall them before installing V31.

• Administrators

Its not a folder - its a possibly previously installed application that should typically be uninstalled with programs and features in the windows control panel.  Uninstall the old app from there.  Sort the apps by publisher by clicking on the column header, then look at all the apps from esimgames.  

• Members
2 hours ago, Sean said:

...its a possibly previously installed application that should typically be uninstalled with programs and features in the windows control panel.  Uninstall the old app from there.

...but only if it's still V19.

Otherwise you can skip all this, and simply keep V31.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, delta6 said:

I have no idea where to look so I will post my question here...How do I delete maps from the map editor???

Not sure you can (in terms of via the Map Editor).

If these are maps you have previously created, then I suspect the best option is to just delete them from the folder via Windows, from whatever location you chose to install them in?

Edited by Gibsonm

4 hours ago, delta6 said:

I have no idea where to look so I will post my question here...How do I delete maps from the map editor???

Like Mark said, there is no way to delete a map from the map editor. You need to locate the folder inside steel beasts installation.

Usually they're located at: C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages

Update:

Now that I've got home and can access the software ...

Certainly in Windows 10 the "default" location is: C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages

However because you now have the flexibility to determine yourself where to install these files (maybe D:\ has more room than C:\ or whatever ....), you can confirm the location by:

Launching SB

Then "Options"

Then "File paths"

7 hours ago, delta6 said:

I think there is a secondary question which I might or might not help you with:

WHY do you need to delete them?

And its easy to actually delete them like Mark stated - but there is a consequence of deleting too many as you cant then access your single-player scenarios or participate in MP Sessions