Jump to content
Mirzayev

Bug - Ulan in UK Camo still has Austrian Plates [FIXED]

Recommended Posts

From the release notes:

 

Quote

Added UK texture as a stand-in for the Ajax, now without Austrian license plates

 

Unfortunately, some practical joker seems to have put them back on.

 

SS_08_04_16.thumb.jpg.cbba0180a8044713e38dd08b51380a25.jpg

 

Edit: Scenario attached for reproduction.

 

Ulan-Ajax Test.sce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like blank Ulandecals.dds file is missing, so issue could be easily addressed by dropping attached file to following folders:

 

My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland\uk

My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\desert\uk

My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\winter\uk

My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\autumn\uk

 

 

Ulandecals.dds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Looks like blank Ulandecals.dds file is missing, so issue could be easily addressed by dropping attached file to following folders:

Sounds good. I'm assuming this will be added to the list of corrections for the next patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mirzayev said:

Sounds good. I'm assuming this will be added to the list of corrections for the next patch?

Sure it will :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to me like the blank decal file in the patch may have mistakenly been named "Austriandecals".

By the way, if anyone would instead like to have a UK-style bumper number on their faux Scout instead of nothing, I offer the attached alternative file.

 

 Ulandecals.7z

 

Also, since eSim went to the time/trouble of adding a UK texture, it would have been nice to include a roof texture (UlanTurretHi) to match. (grumble)

 

 

SS_13_35_15.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK fixed now. Anyone can fix it in the meantime by going to their game install path...

 

...\textures\woodland\uk

 

and rename "austriandecals.dds" to "ulandecals.dds".

 

As for the roof texture issue, yes, but this is whole other animal. Maybe it will also get a texture change, maybe not, we will see (two different artists here).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Volcano said:

OK fixed now. Anyone can fix it in the meantime by going to their game install path...

 

...\textures\woodland\uk

 

and rename "austriandecals.dds" to "ulandecals.dds".

 

As for the roof texture issue, yes, but this is whole other animal. Maybe it will also get a texture change, maybe not, we will see (two different artists here).

Many thanks! Worked like a charm!

 

SS_19_32_53.thumb.jpg.91c5ed478710db9f5d1ba279f7944f7d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...