Lost licence key

Siddley

I want to reinstall SB, but have no idea what to do about my missing licence key. I've got the USB Codemeeter dongle thingy but it's saying that there is no valid licence.
What's the procedure for getting SB up and running again ?

14 minutes ago, Siddley said:

I want to reinstall SB, but have no idea what to do about my missing licence key. I've got the USB Codemeeter dongle thingy but it's saying that there is no valid licence.
What's the procedure for getting SB up and running again ?

Did you have a license previously for the CodeMeter? If so, what version was it for?

The reason I ask is that you may have a license for an older version of the game. You either need to download that older version, or upgrade to 4.1 to play.

Edited by Mirzayev

A friend bought SB for me ( a member of this forum actually - hello Chris :)  ) in spring\summer of 2017 - so it would have been the version that was current at the time. I used a temporary key until the dongle arrived from the US, I don't have any of the emails or even remember which of my two email addresses they would have been sent to.

4 minutes ago, Siddley said:

A friend bought SB for me ( a member of this forum actually - hello Chris :)  ) in spring\summer of 2017 - so it would have been the version that was current at the time. I used a temporary key until the dongle arrived from the US, I don't have any of the emails or even remember which of my two email addresses they would have been sent to.

So let's do this.

Open up your CodeMeter Control Center installed on your PC.

Once there, click on the WebAdmin button in the lower right corner.

You should see a screen like this, telling you what licenses you have on your CodeMeter dongle. 

CodeMeter.thumb.png.4c8dda756043cab8a277653bcd7bd51a.png

19 minutes ago, Siddley said:

Ok, very likely your dongle contains a license for version 4.0, which is not valid  for  current version 4.1.  This means, that  if you wish to use  version 4.1, you need to purchase an upgrade license ('Upgrade License from version 4.0' option in our webshop).

But before buying it makes sense to check if you have any  SB Pro PE license  stored  on your dongle. With dongle plugged in,  locate a Codemeter icon in the system tray, right click it and  select 'Web Admin';  'Web Admin' browser-based interface will open and in its 'Container' tab you will be able to see a list of licenses stored on USB dongle. If you have 4.0 license, you will see  'SB Pro PE 4.0' listed there...