Starting out learning Sim

black1

Hello all, as you can see by my post count I am very new here but really excited to be here as well and learning this fine sim. I have watched many videos of online play and a few single player missions people have posted {not many}.

I have gone through the tutorials for my favorite tank to learn for the moment and also did a few instant missions as well as a single player or two that the sim comes with under scenarios.

My question is what is the best way to play the sim is it best to play the single player missions the game comes with or jump online. I would like to see more single player missions videos to get the feel for it if people have them and then try the mission itself to see how well I do. Any advice on good videos, missions to start with or anything else to direct a newbie in the right direction, thank you all.

You will learn more and faster by participating online. The community is welcoming and understanding of new players. You've done the basic tutorials, so join us at an online game and we will get you up to speed quickly.

DBoy

52 minutes ago, black1 said:

Hello all, as you can see by my post count I am very new here but really excited to be here as well and learning this fine sim. I have watched many videos of online play and a few single player missions people have posted {not many}.

I have gone through the tutorials for my favorite tank to learn for the moment and also did a few instant missions as well as a single player or two that the sim comes with under scenarios.

My question is what is the best way to play the sim is it best to play the single player missions the game comes with or jump online. I would like to see more single player missions videos to get the feel for it if people have them and then try the mission itself to see how well I do. Any advice on good videos, missions to start with or anything else to direct a newbie in the right direction, thank you all.

Hi and welcome,

I'm assuming you have, but just in case you haven't don't forget to look here:

The starter pack wiki entry also covers some intermediate scenarios for once you have done the Tutorials.

42 minutes ago, black1 said:

Thank you all, well looks like next step is online, I will check the information on how to get started and I already have teamspeak setup. Look forward to meeting you all online soon.

Just keep an eye on the "Multiplayer Engagements" area and you're likely to see something in a convenient time zone / location.

All of those events are "new player friendly" and welcoming.

Edited by Gibsonm