Few questions before buy

atrOx

1 hour ago, Mirzayev said:

@atrOx

Just for your situational awareness, Ssnake is the Director of eSim games. He is definitely the person who knows the most about development. :) 

Had a feeling of that, very informative answers 😃

Edited by atrOx

• Members
22 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Ssnake is the Director of eSim games. He is definitely the person who knows the most about development. :) 

I don't code. The programmers might object to that statement, and rightfully so.

I just happen to be the public face.

1 hour ago, atrOx said:

So now its done!

1x Full licence

2x secondary

😁

Problem is that i have no friends to play with 😜

There are plenty of options under Multiplayer Engagements. BG ANZAC, and Kanium both come to mind for a more PVE experience, while there is also TGIF for more PVP. This list in not all inclusive, just what I have experienced. 

Play the tutorials (all of them) for the M1A1 or the Leopard 2A4/A5, run through the tank range, and play a few instant actions and you'll be fine.

5 hours ago, atrOx said:

By the way is the secondary licences working at day one of purchase or do i need to wait for the CodeMeter stick?

You will basically get:

1 x Temporary license for you to use while waiting for the stick to arrive in the post (the temporary / time based licenses do not need the stick but a linked to a specific machine).

1 x Permanent license on the CodeMeter USB stick - presumably on its way to you know.

The 2 x Supplemental licenses need to be installed onto the stick when it arrives and after you activate the main one. This is a simple process of clicking on a URL contained in an email from eSim.

Currently you can play "now" but your two friends will need to wait until the stick arrives.

Edited by Gibsonm
Edited to include Ssnake's insight.

1 hour ago, Mirzayev said:

There are plenty of options under Multiplayer Engagements. BG ANZAC, and Kanium both come to mind for a more PVE experience, while there is also TGIF for more PVP. This list in not all inclusive, just what I have experienced. 

Play the tutorials (all of them) for the M1A1 or the Leopard 2A4/A5, run through the tank range, and play a few instant actions and you'll be fine.

Yep invitation extended back at Post 6  in this thread.

Of course these groups are not mutually exclusive so just pick the one (or more) most convenient for you.

6 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Secondary licenses go to CodeMeter stick

Oki thx

4 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

Yeah have done some tutorials already, Really cool sim so far, impressed! 

2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

You will basically get:

1 x Temporary license for you to use while waiting for the stick to arrive in the post (the temporary / time based licenses do not need the stick but a linked to a specific machine).

1 x Permanent license on the CodeMeter USB stick - presumably on its way to you know.

The 2 x Supplemental licenses need to be installed onto the stick when it arrives and after you activate the main one. This is a simple process of clicking on a URL contained in an email from eSim.

Currently you can play "now" but your two friends will need to wait until the stick arrives.

Thx mate!

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Note that primary licenses need to be activated first before you attempt to activate secondary licenses. This may be relevant if you order everything on a single ticket.

Thx again!

On 5/27/2020 at 11:08 PM, Mirzayev said:

@atrOx

Just for your situational awareness, Ssnake is the Director of eSim games. He is definitely the person who knows the most about development. :) 

I'd be concerned if Ssnake didn't, as would Ssnake, I suspect.

(Ssnake has a thing for John Carpenter films if you hadn't guessed already. :) )

• Members

...at least on that fateful evening when CompuServe offered alphanumeric email identifiers rather than strictly numerical codes, and I had to come up with something, quickly. Digital land rush and all. These days, it's more difficult. Hail.Hypnotoad was already taken with gmail, I found out.

I saw that someone wrote that i doesn't scale well above a certain size but i use a 49 inch monitor with 3840 x 1080 and get around 55-60 fps and at 4k you have to scale it at 100 in windows otherwise it distort the graphics sometimes but it work like a charm and the wider field of view is real nice.

There are some threds in the forum that discibe this

MD

Get steady 62 FPS in 1440p drops to 30fps when ground clutter (or what its called) is high in intens fights..

Works pretty nice.

Btw is there any toturial how i get the download maps to work ingame (where to put the files)?

Havent found anyone.

• Members

The user's manual contains two relevant sections, the chapter "Installation" with a part about where all the files in Steel Beasts go, and the chapter about the Map Editor that details how map packages are organized. If you pull a map from a map server using the transfer manager, everything will go into the right location automatically, of course.

5 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

The user's manual contains two relevant sections, the chapter "Installation" with a part about where all the files in Steel Beasts go, and the chapter about the Map Editor that details how map packages are organized. If you pull a map from a map server using the transfer manager, everything will go into the right location automatically, of course.

Oki thx

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I had decided to purchase your product in the future. Though, I would like to ask few questions about it, since this thread is very similar to what I wanted to create, I will just post my questions here instead if that is fine with everybody. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Calicifer said:

Hello, I had decided to purchase your product in the future. Though, I would like to ask few questions about it, since this thread is very similar to what I wanted to create, I will just post my questions here instead if that is fine with everybody. 

Of course.  Ask ahead!

Here are my main questions. I'm mostly concerned if game can give me historically accurate picture of combat at any time during cold war. I can see this simulation is leaning heavily on mid to late cold war from vehicles available in the wiki (I'm under impression that game properly starts at 70's as there is a distinct lack of earlier vehicles in a wiki to make proper fights with. I'm particularly interested in late 40's - 60's combat at the moment). I'm more interested in earlier vehicles, but there isn't much of a choice in the market. My main problems are when game inaccurately portrays engagements in a sense that newest and rarest tanks become common sight in a field or that game assumes that vehicles are firing most modern and expensive ammunition types and fails to simulate fights with more probable loadouts. 

1. Are all vehicles done at a same level of quality or some vehicles are more complete than others? Can I trust wiki to be able to play with any armored vehicle presented there? 
  2. More important question is, how game simulates ammo types? Does game tries to simulate quality of any particular shell? For example, I'm firing a shell who historically is known to be unreliable. Will game simulate such a thing or all shells performance is theoretical (like advertised on paper)?
  3. Are ammo loadouts simulated according to their historical loadouts? I'm often frustrated with other games where they do not show any respect to introduction date of a shell and how common it was at that time.
  4. I'm most interested in analysis tools for study and understanding combat. For example, Steel Armor has post combat analysis where I can see impact of every shell and what it did. DCS world has flight recorder after battle to allow player to analyze everything what had happened in a match. Does Steel Beast has any of such features?
  5. Are Steel Beasts information on shells and armor thickness reliable source of information? Like everything else I would read about particular vehicle, can I trust said information to be reliable and true or should I take something with a grain of salt like one would do reading a wiki? 
  6. What are limits of this simulation? In a linked thread I saw that game does not simulate night fighting properly. Is there anything else that I should be aware of? 
  7. Does this game can simulate reliability issues? 
  8. Does game has powerful battle editor? Can I put my desired variant of a tank with shell types and conditions if I want to? Is it intuitive to use? 
Edited by Calicifer