any second hand Codemetre stick for Sale in South Africa

venerablesteele

Hey Guys,

I've struggled to get myself a code metre stick from Esim games. While I had it delivered to an address in the states, with Covid 19, I can't get it delivered. 

Is there any way to get hold of the necessary Codemetre USB from a person who is willing to sell it to me or give me any advice to purchase one in South Africa? 

Cheers! 

Thanks! 

My issue is that my work life doesnt allow me much time to myself, so I don't want to purchase a timed license. I would need to get my hands on a dongle. 

I've bought one, its just stuck in the states. I wondered if anyone else had another option or a second hand, spare one for me to buy. 

• Administrators

Even in the best of times, numerous shipments to South Africa were "lost".  Right now, South Africa's postal service is not accepting anything from several countries, so I think you'll find any incoming shipment difficult to manage right now.  

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Even in the best of times, numerous shipments to South Africa were "lost".  Right now, South Africa's postal service is not accepting anything from several countries, so I think you'll find any incoming shipment difficult to manage right now.  

But what about FEDEX/GLS or something similar - there must be some solution somehow, its not like there is an embargo anymore?

Like stated I have a handful of South Africans who wants to buy the game plus @venerablesteele ?

• Members

At least those postal services that do not have their own airliners but who put the mail bags into regular flight connections have currently trouble loading the cargo on any flight. So, no, you're not on an embargo list, it's just that air travel is still severely limited (and will probably remain so for a good while). Now, here's the deal. Suppose we would send it with FedEx and suppose you would pay to cover the shipping costs, they would at least approximate the costs of a four or twelve-months time based license. At which point _I_ would ask myself if the time-based license isn't actually the more practical solution - immediately available, no transport loss risk, etc.

In your specific case, the CM stick has been delivered to your address in the US. Okay, they can't mail it to you "right now" but eventually they will. So the time-based license just needs to cover that delay. Depending on how optimistic you are, four months are probably okay.

To anyone else in South Africa, I can but recommend one-year licenses. In a year you can still consider switching over to a CM stick, but let's not forget that only after four years without upgrades the time-based licenses become slightly more expensive than the permanent ones; typically there would be an upgrade within those four years, possibly two, extending the break-even point to five or six years actually.

Ask yourself: Will you still be playing Steel Beasts in four, five, six years? And of course you can pause anytime after a license runs out, and come back months later.

43 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

At least those postal services that do not have their own airliners but who put the mail bags into regular flight connections have currently trouble loading the cargo on any flight. So, no, you're not on an embargo list, it's just that air travel is still severely limited (and will probably remain so for a good while). Now, here's the deal. Suppose we would send it with FedEx and suppose you would pay to cover the shipping costs, they would at least approximate the costs of a four or twelve-months time based license. At which point _I_ would ask myself if the time-based license isn't actually the more practical solution - immediately available, no transport loss risk, etc.

In your specific case, the CM stick has been delivered to your address in the US. Okay, they can't mail it to you "right now" but eventually they will. So the time-based license just needs to cover that delay. Depending on how optimistic you are, four months are probably okay.

To anyone else in South Africa, I can but recommend one-year licenses. In a year you can still consider switching over to a CM stick, but let's not forget that only after four years without upgrades the time-based licenses become slightly more expensive than the permanent ones; typically there would be an upgrade within those four years, possibly two, extending the break-even point to five or six years actually.

Ask yourself: Will you still be playing Steel Beasts in four, five, six years? And of course you can pause anytime after a license runs out, and come back months later.

THAT

Actually makes perfect sense ... 😊

I have sent the info on to the other South Africans