Problem with the Gunner position at the Marder

Benjamin

Hello

we have in multiplayer mission a problem with the gunner position of the Marder.  The problem is if on player on the Commandant position and one player of the gunner position. Than goes the gunner in the outside view and back in the gunner position he don' t can swivel the gun ( the gun is not blockt from the commander!!). It dosen't go with the mouse or with the joystic. You can fire and all other things but not swivel the gun.
This problem have we only on the Marder and in the multiplayer. At more szenarios. Know on this problem??

Best regards Benjamin.

• Members

First time I heard of this, as far as I can recall.

Would be interesting to know if the mission's debugLog.txt file (in Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\Logs) lists any "network overload" messages around the time when this happened.

We had the same issue last time we used the Marder with multicrew. I'm not 100% sure, but if the gunner press the key for "STAB:EIN" he was able to swivel again (even the Marder dosn't have a stabilization).

Will test again and try to provide more information on this.

Edited by Dr.Thodt

Had made a small test (1 server - 2 clients) and can confirm this issue. As I mentioned before, the gunner can swivel again if the key for "STAB-EIN" is pressed. 

Attached are 2 logfiles (for server and one client [the gunner]).

It does not seem to be an network issue (no packageloss occured). 

Hope this helps to identify the problem.

DebugLog - CLIENT.txt DebugLog - SERVER.txt

Edited by Dr.Thodt

Hello 

Thanks for the supporting( Dr. Thodt and HAPAG)  !Can it be an unwanted override by the commander? 

Best regards 

Benjamin

(I' m  by the german community  "  Target ")

Edited by Benjamin

I ran another test and connected through a VPN (similar hamachi) to simulate a LAN because I'm not able to test it in a real LAN. The problem still existed but i found something odd:
If the player changes the vehicle, the problem is completely gone. Even if he changes back again.

So it seems the problem only occure at initialization of the scenario with a cmd and gunner assinged in the assembly area.

Maybe someone can try to reproduce this?

Some words in german:

@Hapag(Target) vielleicht könnt ihr mal versuchen, ob das Problem immer noch auftritt, wenn der Richtschütze kurzfristig auf ein anderes Fahrzeug wechselt? Bei mir trat das nach einem Wechsel seltsamerweise nicht mehr auf.

5 hours ago, Hapag(Target) said:

Moin!

the same Problem by Pizarro 

With Marder everything is pretty much straightforward, but I cannot reproduce problem with Pizarro in the LAN session with  several instances of SB Pro PE v.4.167 running at the same computer... Are there any specific steps?