New install issue

paintedblack

• Members

All I can say, it seems like your downloads got corrupted somehow.

I don't know what browser you use, possible download managers, whether you download sequentially or all of them at the same time, if some antivirus or other security program interferes... At least as far as the map package installer is concerned, you can at least check WHICH of the files is/are corrupt with the HASH values that we posted on the downloads page. We also describe there how you can find out the individual downloaded file's hash. I suspect that most of them are good, in which case you would only have to re-download the one or two damaged ones.

For the Steel Beasts installer, all files are 640,400 KB in size (except for part6.rar, which is 60,123; the byte sizes are 629,145,600 and 61,565,770 respectively). The first sign of corruption often is the wrong byte size, and that is easy to compare.

So ...

This very rarely happens, which does not help you when you are one of the few it happens to.

There are several ways to handle this - but only one that I know works:

You need to uninstall everything - and I do mean everything.

Maybe @Major duck can help you - he helped me the one time it happened to me?