Sign in to follow this  
Sawdustmaker

Sawdust Maker

Greetings..

I have recently gotten back into SB and have set it up on a new PC.  I had a problem that required me to reinstall Windows. Of course I lost everything I have built in SB. I can't seem to remember how to get more than the basic maps.

I have the Map Transfer app installed but it won't work. Keeps telling me to use the --ignorelock command line function. I have no idea what this is.

Help (in simple words, please).

In principle, the tool will generate a log file which may shed some light on the whole matter.

But maybe you should install the Map Packages in the first place, as available for download on the eSim Games homepage; the recommended installation sequence is to install the map packages first, but if you stick with the recommended installation path then you may also install it after the Steel Beasts installation. This should eliminate hopefully 95% of all cases where you might otherwise rely on the Transfer Manager.

Which will receive an update in a few weeks, though there are no ground-breaking changes to be expected.

14 hours ago, Sawdustmaker said:

Greetings..

I have recently gotten back into SB and have set it up on a new PC.  I had a problem that required me to reinstall Windows. Of course I lost everything I have built in SB. I can't seem to remember how to get more than the basic maps.

I have the Map Transfer app installed but it won't work. Keeps telling me to use the --ignorelock command line function. I have no idea what this is.

Help (in simple words, please).

Make sure to have Steel Beasts running when you try to open it.