4.167 Adding dismounted medics to pre-existing scenarios

Gibsonm

• Members

Ambulance vehicles will still work as usual, as far as I am concerned. The medic team is a bonus. But I wouldn't rule out that in a few years a future version of Steel Beasts will shift the necromancy powers from the vehicle to its crew/dismounts. But then we'd auto-equip ambulances with medic teams when loading legacy scenarios.

13 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Ambulance vehicles will still work as usual, as far as I am concerned. The medic team is a bonus. But I wouldn't rule out that in a few years a future version of Steel Beasts will shift the necromancy powers from the vehicle to its crew/dismounts. But then we'd auto-equip ambulances with medic teams when loading legacy scenarios.

Yes the vehicle by itself still works fine,

This is part of an overall 4.1x update process for the scenario. The scenario does have some Mech Inf so adding dismounted medical teams has some practical value apart from just dialling up unit density. ;)

I just wanted to confirm that there was no way to create the dismount medical teams and then "attach" them to pre existing ambulances.

• 2 months later...

In 4.167 there isn't a way to directly add medic teams, so to make a medevac choppa:  Disintegrate the chopper's troops to make room, add an ambulance, detach its medics, attach them to the helicopter, and then rename them so they match up (not strictly necessary, but saves on confusion.)

Edited by Rotareneg