For help, three doubts encountered in the recent games

T-72

Hi all

Recently, I encountered three problems while playing T-72. I checked the manual and found that it didn't mention it. So I had to come here for help. Thanks.😊

(Q1)As shown in the figure below, the function of this button is auto loader placed in the "aut" position. What I don't understand is, what is the practical effect of having the autoloader in the "aut" position? What's the use of it?

t1.jpg.dfbf6cf35f52f5f89b0ac328b41f982f.jpg

(Q2)As shown in the figure below,What is the function of this button circled in red? I didn't find it in the manual.

t2.jpg.f2295b444ee58cc0c841aedd1a08b95e.jpg

(Q3)As shown in the figure below,What is the function of this button circled in red? I didn't find it in the manual.

t3.jpg.9ae5d46228bceaf7785494995f71fcd9.jpg

Edited by T-72

19 minutes ago, T-72 said:

Hi all

Recently, I encountered three problems while playing T-72. I checked the manual and found that it didn't mention it. So I had to come here for help. Thanks.😊

(Q1)As shown in the figure below, the function of this button is auto loader placed in the "aut" position. What I don't understand is, what is the practical effect of having the autoloader in the "aut" position? What's the use of it?

t1.jpg.dfbf6cf35f52f5f89b0ac328b41f982f.jpg

(Q2)As shown in the figure below,What is the function of this button circled in red? I didn't find it in the manual.

t2.jpg.f2295b444ee58cc0c841aedd1a08b95e.jpg

(Q3)As shown in the figure below,What is the function of this button circled in red? I didn't find it in the manual.

t3.jpg.9ae5d46228bceaf7785494995f71fcd9.jpg

Q1. AUT mode locks the breach for your gun, or turns on the autoloader for operation. This would be turned "off" for manual loading. 

Q2. This restricts your LRF to not accepting a lase above 1200, 1800, or normal operation. 

Q3. This turns your LRF on and off.  Not sure what this does for sure, but it prevents your LRF from operating. Maybe temporarily disabling it for manual operation? 

I've been playing for the past 7 years or so, and I've never used any of these buttons in actual play, but if a scenario designer starts a vehicle in a non-operational state, you might use them. 

Edited by Mirzayev

8 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Q1. AUT mode locks the breach for your gun, or turns on the autoloader for operation.

Q2. This restricts your LRF to not accepting a lase above 1200, 1800, or normal operation. 

Q3. This turns your LRF on and off. 

I've been playing for the past 7 years or so, and I've never used any of these buttons in actual play, but if a scenario designer starts a vehicle in a non-operational state, you might use them. 

Thank you very much for your answer😊

For Q1,I have just tried and found that when in "AUT" mode, the gun cannot fire. What key do I need to press to fire? Or is the gun unable to fire while in "AUT" mode?

20 minutes ago, T-72 said:

Thank you very much for your answer😊

For Q1,I have just tried and found that when in "AUT" mode, the gun cannot fire. What key do I need to press to fire? Or is the gun unable to fire while in "AUT" mode?

Make sure the button in Q1 is flipped up, and the button directly below it (the center of the three) is flipped up as well. That'll enable you to fire. AUT I believe means that you have engaged the autoloader, which is the upper position.

Unless you are starting your vehicle from a non-ready state as set by the scenario designer, you won't need to mess with these buttons. The only thing you'll need to do as a human gunner in a T-72 out of normal operation is turn off stabilization until contact is imminent, otherwise you will burn out your stabilization system if you leave it on for about an hour. The AI automatically does this if you aren't occupying the gunner's seat. 

Edited by Mirzayev

21 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Make sure the button in Q1 is flipped up, and the button directly below it (the center of the three) is flipped up as well. That'll enable you to fire. AUT I believe means that you have engaged the autoloader, which is the upper position.

Unless you are starting your vehicle from a non-ready state as set by the scenario designer, you won't need to mess with these buttons. The only thing you'll need to do as a human gunner in a T-72 out of normal operation is turn off stabilization until contact is imminent, otherwise you will burn out your stabilization system if you leave it on for about an hour. The AI automatically does this if you aren't occupying the gunner's seat. 

I see. Thank you for your serious reply. Thank you very much😎

11 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

Quite opposite. This switch sets minimal  lase range threshold, because in particular case of LRF relying on first return logic this is the only way to eliminate false returns caused by ground clutter and different masks(objects). E.g., if this switch set to '1200', then any returns closer than 1200 meters will be ignored; if it is set to '1800' , then everything below 1800 meters will be ignored... and in default '0' position it allows returns within 500-3000meters or, in favorable visibility conditions- 500-4000meters.

14 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Quite opposite. This switch sets minimal  lase range threshold, because in particular case of LRF relying on first return logic this is the only way to eliminate false returns caused by ground clutter and different masks(objects). E.g., if this switch set to '1200', then any returns closer than 1200 meters will be ignored; if it is set to '1800' , then everything below 1800 meters will be ignored... and in default '0' position it allows returns within 500-3000meters or, in favorable visibility conditions- 500-4000meters.

thanks

On 7/6/2020 at 2:23 AM, TSe419E said:

You did a great job.

Thanks. i created a new system of making interior models with it, to reduce the amount of time needed to make interior models, both to save cost and time. i first went through the model and compared different components in other russian vehicles to get a sense of what could be re-used, then i created a shared texture for all the bolts, cables and minor details that was shared with other vehicles. this allowed me to cut down the time needed to be spent on subsequent T-72 variants to 50 and 20 hours. 

it also cut the time spent on the BMP-2 interior with approximately 70-100 hours, to a mere 250 hours. Ssnake was initially furious at me for spending so much time on it, not realizing i was spending time to save time. and i've always been fascinated by russian thinking on tank design, so wanted to do something special with it. 
whereas western thinking on tank-design tends towards specialization, russian thinking tends towards generalization. for example the TKN-3 sight the commander uses on the T-72. is basically the same sight used on the BMP-2 and BMP-1 as well. 
and the engine the T-72 uses is an upgrade of the engine designed for the T-34 in WW2. It seemed efficient, so i wanted to reflect this in the way i created the model. 

4 hours ago, hoggydog said:

I hope that modular construction method will make it easier to bring other Soviet/Russian vehicles into the playable fold soon.

i've brought it onto a few other interior models more recently, namely the DF30/90 interiors.