Danish Centurion - Lack of

Hedgehog

I did this a few years ago for my own use, tweaking the green on the UK skin and doing some cut-and-paste work to make a matching skin for the noncrewable Centurion model. Plus adding some decals.

I'm sure DK-DDAM could fashion a better, proper Danish scheme. Hopefully he has access to the Sho't Kal template; the only one I have is Dejawolf's template for the original Centurion ("shot").

SS_10_07_04.jpg

SS_12_48_50.jpg

But the danish Scramellturion used a laserrangefinder and a Thermal sight and if i am to believe those tankers i rode with in the turret basket as an FO then it was more accurate then the Leopard 1.

as that havent been implemented why bother it looked like this 1985-1999 except for few low level local defence units and stationary mini Brigades (Kampgrupper)

centurionmkv2dk.jpg

MD

are u sure u werent riding in the basket of the leo 1 not centurion :P cause they really dont have a basket for inf for it. but it doesnt matter if it has it or not.. cause we dont have a version with that stuff on it.. so shot'kals will be the best we have

Yes i am sure we sat 2 guys in the baskets of the co tank the FO for Mortars and the FO for Arty

It was wet cold and miserable especially when ever the loader opened his hatch and handed out food to us or drinks and you could just see the heat distorting the air from the hatch

We both had a 371 radio on our backs with redirection/retransmission via our 240GD and our binos
image.png.f5bf4cf1e606367b5fe5f3e1b58a7563.png

if you fill that basket with cammo nets and other stuff you can sit there but as you know Oksbøl is always wet windy cold and miserable 

MD

Edited by Major duck

• Members
4 hours ago, Major duck said:

It was wet cold and miserable especially when ever the loader opened his hatch and handed out food to us or drinks and you could just see the heat distorting the air from the hatch

a. Denmark, what else?

b. Heheheheh, that's how we tankers like to torment our guests

I once pulled up next to a Marder with a bunch of shivering Grenadiers with blue lips, the Marder's heating is notorious for failure. After the driver stopped the engine I ripped my overall's zipper down to the belly button and yelled to the driver to turn off the heater, "it's too bloody hot up here", then buttoned up and started counting how long it would take the Grenadiers to knock and ask to be let in.

20 seconds.

5 minutes ago, Marko said:

LoL.

I know if you had done that to me i would have made you.

A nice refreshing cup of coffee with my secret ingredient in it.

Would have been interesting if you had to button up on the maneuver. LoL

Sykes-Laxative-Drench.jpg

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

a. Denmark, what else?

b. Heheheheh, that's how we tankers like to torment our guests

I once pulled up next to a Marder with a bunch of shivering Grenadiers with blue lips, the Marder's heating is notorious for failure. After the driver stopped the engine I ripped my overall's zipper down to the belly button and yelled to the driver to turn off the heater, "it's too bloody hot up here", then buttoned up and started counting how long it would take the Grenadiers to knock and ask to be let in.

20 seconds.

Well, you just had to be good friends with S4 section and maintenance plt...that helps a lot in avoiding such situations.

But now one should think about getting a TIS, FCS and an LRF strapped to the Cents in game tough...

On 7/9/2020 at 6:56 AM, Splash said:

I did this a few years ago for my own use, tweaking the green on the UK skin and doing some cut-and-paste work to make a matching skin for the noncrewable Centurion model. Plus adding some decals.

I'm sure DK-DDAM could fashion a better, proper Danish scheme. Hopefully he has access to the Sho't Kal template; the only one I have is Dejawolf's template for the original Centurion ("shot").

I have just looked at Dejawolf's template and the skin files for the shot and the shotkal in the game and to me the form look identical so it should still work today.

As for the sceme itself, there have always been a lot of variation in the paint job on each camouflaged vehicle in the Danish Military. To me your skin looks fine. As it is not the correct model I would say that you are are only missing the Bridge classification. (The yellow circle with a number). In the linked to album below I have seen examples of 55, 60 and 61.

You can see some of the scheme variations in this Facebook album. 

I do have access to this Centurion.

20200628_113756.thumb.jpg.c2744f3595d3a143dd382495f32bfe34.jpg

20200628_135736.mp4_snapshot_02_27_769.thumb.jpg.40035d63faefbdde805b563230f627f6.jpg

I for one would like to get access to your skin. 

Happy Simming

On 7/13/2020 at 8:36 PM, Grenny said:

Well, you just had to be good friends with S4 section and maintenance plt...that helps a lot in avoiding such situations.

But now one should think about getting a TIS, FCS and an LRF strapped to the Cents in game tough...

The question is what kind of documentation would be needed for the additions to the external model and the crew views of a no interior crewable version?

I have access to this fully operational Centurion MK5 2DK

1744352781_MVI_0113IndskydningCenM41.MP4_snapshot_02_06_521.thumb.jpg.c04ef705cbc9f769b5d9eb49a7bd2913.jpg

Picture is a framegrab from a video I shot at Åben Hede last year.

Happy Simming

9 hours ago, DanTDBV said:

I have just looked at Dejawolf's template and the skin files for the shot and the shotkal in the game and to me the form look identical so it should still work today.

The two models have differences notably in the engine deck, rear, and front glacis. So a skin made with the older shot template will have abnormalities if used on the newer, crewable shotkal.

9 hours ago, DanTDBV said:

I for one would like to get access to your skin.

You're very welcome to use the skins (they still lack the bridge rating). I'll PM copies, rather than submitting to the downloads section.

Feel free to change them as you like for your purposes. I'm afraid the results might be less than visually appealing because of the crude method I used to modify the original eSim textures. (It was a few years ago when I knew less about such things). Each additional saving and compression of the file creates graphic artifacts -- or color pixelation.

Some might overlook it, but it bothers me to see that. For that reason I'm a little reluctant for them to be re-shared widely. If @DK-DDAM chooses not to offer a skin, I'm considering trying one myself in the future. I have another project I want to tackle first, though.

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2020 at 7:10 AM, Major duck said:

Yes i am sure we sat 2 guys in the baskets of the co tank the FO for Mortars and the FO for Arty

We both had a 371 radio on our backs with redirection/retransmission via our 240GD and our binos
image.png.f5bf4cf1e606367b5fe5f3e1b58a7563.png

if you fill that basket with cammo nets and other stuff you can sit there but as you know Oksbøl is always wet windy cold and miserable 

MD

I only have one thought about riding around in that turret basket and it's

"Boy would I feel better around riding around in that turret basket if it was protected from fragmentation!"

On 7/18/2020 at 2:11 PM, DanTDBV said:

The question is what kind of documentation would be needed for the additions to the external model and the crew views of a no interior crewable version?

I have access to this fully operational Centurion MK5 2DK

Picture is a framegrab from a video I shot at Åben Hede last year.

Happy Simming

I have said this before, but I'll say it one more time...

In the case of vehicles like this where it is no longer on the front lines, I would be perfectly happy to have the eSim team make something as accurate as can be done, with corners cut for time and money sake, and tell us 'Hey look, we're in this to make money, and this thing doesn't make money, so we cobbled this together, go have fun and don't complain or we'll gag you.'.

• Members

It's not the lack of profitability, it's the lack of excess manpower (and the resulting opportunity costs). Once that we have completed the work on the engine change and everything else related to 5.0, we'll free up some capacity to work on exotic or historic vehicles again. 

6 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

I only have one thought about riding around in that turret basket and it's

"Boy would I feel better around riding around in that turret basket if it was protected from fragmentation!"

I usually swapped my loader for the FO and kept him in the turret.

The Loader and FO's Ack would follow the Sqn in the Land Rover a bound or two back.

If the OC is firing (and needing the loader), something is wrong with the plan.

• 3 weeks later...