Jump to content
Hedgehog

Danish Centurion - Lack of

Recommended Posts

Hmm, there's no Danish skin for the Centurion / Sho't Kal.

Bit Odd, considering all the other Danish kit in the Sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well no one made it.. There for I cant see why its odd.. But if I get the time, I might try to look into it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The British camouflage for Sho’t Kal, of black and green bands, may make a usable proxy for Danish camouflage until something more accurate is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did this a few years ago for my own use, tweaking the green on the UK skin and doing some cut-and-paste work to make a matching skin for the noncrewable Centurion model. Plus adding some decals.

I'm sure DK-DDAM could fashion a better, proper Danish scheme. Hopefully he has access to the Sho't Kal template; the only one I have is Dejawolf's template for the original Centurion ("shot").

 

 

 

 

SS_10_07_04.jpg

SS_12_48_50.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the danish Scramellturion used a laserrangefinder and a Thermal sight and if i am to believe those tankers i rode with in the turret basket as an FO then it was more accurate then the Leopard 1.

as that havent been implemented why bother it looked like this 1985-1999 except for few low level local defence units and stationary mini Brigades (Kampgrupper)

centurionmkv2dk.jpg
 

MD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are u sure u werent riding in the basket of the leo 1 not centurion :P cause they really dont have a basket for inf for it. but it doesnt matter if it has it or not.. cause we dont have a version with that stuff on it.. so shot'kals will be the best we have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes i am sure we sat 2 guys in the baskets of the co tank the FO for Mortars and the FO for Arty

It was wet cold and miserable especially when ever the loader opened his hatch and handed out food to us or drinks and you could just see the heat distorting the air from the hatch

 

We both had a 371 radio on our backs with redirection/retransmission via our 240GD and our binos
image.png.f5bf4cf1e606367b5fe5f3e1b58a7563.png

if you fill that basket with cammo nets and other stuff you can sit there but as you know Oksbøl is always wet windy cold and miserable 

 

MD

Edited by Major duck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Major duck said:

It was wet cold and miserable especially when ever the loader opened his hatch and handed out food to us or drinks and you could just see the heat distorting the air from the hatch

a. Denmark, what else?

b. Heheheheh, that's how we tankers like to torment our guests

 

I once pulled up next to a Marder with a bunch of shivering Grenadiers with blue lips, the Marder's heating is notorious for failure. After the driver stopped the engine I ripped my overall's zipper down to the belly button and yelled to the driver to turn off the heater, "it's too bloody hot up here", then buttoned up and started counting how long it would take the Grenadiers to knock and ask to be let in.

20 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

LoL.

 

I know if you had done that to me i would have made you.

A nice refreshing cup of coffee with my secret ingredient in it. LoL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marko said:

 

LoL.

 

I know if you had done that to me i would have made you.

A nice refreshing cup of coffee with my secret ingredient in it.

Would have been interesting if you had to button up on the maneuver. LoL

 

Sykes-Laxative-Drench.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

a. Denmark, what else?

b. Heheheheh, that's how we tankers like to torment our guests

 

I once pulled up next to a Marder with a bunch of shivering Grenadiers with blue lips, the Marder's heating is notorious for failure. After the driver stopped the engine I ripped my overall's zipper down to the belly button and yelled to the driver to turn off the heater, "it's too bloody hot up here", then buttoned up and started counting how long it would take the Grenadiers to knock and ask to be let in.

20 seconds.

Well, you just had to be good friends with S4 section and maintenance plt...that helps a lot in avoiding such situations.

 

But now one should think about getting a TIS, FCS and an LRF strapped to the Cents in game tough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grenny said:

But now one should think about getting a TIS, FCS and an LRF strapped to the Cents in game tough...

Why?

Use the M60A3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 6:56 AM, Splash said:

I did this a few years ago for my own use, tweaking the green on the UK skin and doing some cut-and-paste work to make a matching skin for the noncrewable Centurion model. Plus adding some decals.

I'm sure DK-DDAM could fashion a better, proper Danish scheme. Hopefully he has access to the Sho't Kal template; the only one I have is Dejawolf's template for the original Centurion ("shot").

 

I have just looked at Dejawolf's template and the skin files for the shot and the shotkal in the game and to me the form look identical so it should still work today.

As for the sceme itself, there have always been a lot of variation in the paint job on each camouflaged vehicle in the Danish Military. To me your skin looks fine. As it is not the correct model I would say that you are are only missing the Bridge classification. (The yellow circle with a number). In the linked to album below I have seen examples of 55, 60 and 61.

 

You can see some of the scheme variations in this Facebook album. 

 

 

I do have access to this Centurion.

 

20200628_113756.thumb.jpg.c2744f3595d3a143dd382495f32bfe34.jpg

 

20200628_135736.mp4_snapshot_02_27_769.thumb.jpg.40035d63faefbdde805b563230f627f6.jpg

 

I for one would like to get access to your skin. 

Happy Simming

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 8:36 PM, Grenny said:

Well, you just had to be good friends with S4 section and maintenance plt...that helps a lot in avoiding such situations.

 

But now one should think about getting a TIS, FCS and an LRF strapped to the Cents in game tough...

The question is what kind of documentation would be needed for the additions to the external model and the crew views of a no interior crewable version?

I have access to this fully operational Centurion MK5 2DK

 

1744352781_MVI_0113IndskydningCenM41.MP4_snapshot_02_06_521.thumb.jpg.c04ef705cbc9f769b5d9eb49a7bd2913.jpg

 

Picture is a framegrab from a video I shot at Åben Hede last year.

 

Happy Simming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DanTDBV said:

I have just looked at Dejawolf's template and the skin files for the shot and the shotkal in the game and to me the form look identical so it should still work today.

The two models have differences notably in the engine deck, rear, and front glacis. So a skin made with the older shot template will have abnormalities if used on the newer, crewable shotkal.

 

9 hours ago, DanTDBV said:

I for one would like to get access to your skin.

You're very welcome to use the skins (they still lack the bridge rating). I'll PM copies, rather than submitting to the downloads section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Splash.

 

I will look at them.

 

Would it be okay with you if i update them and if i get a satisfying result share them with the community?

 

Have a nice day.

 

Happy Simming

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel free to change them as you like for your purposes. I'm afraid the results might be less than visually appealing because of the crude method I used to modify the original eSim textures. (It was a few years ago when I knew less about such things). Each additional saving and compression of the file creates graphic artifacts -- or color pixelation.

 

Some might overlook it, but it bothers me to see that. For that reason I'm a little reluctant for them to be re-shared widely. If @DK-DDAM chooses not to offer a skin, I'm considering trying one myself in the future. I have another project I want to tackle first, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a good job none the less splash.. keep it up. in regards to sharing skins, ive not really made the cent/shot'kal as a danish vehicle. been too busy with other things.. but i like what your doing keep going

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 7:10 AM, Major duck said:

Yes i am sure we sat 2 guys in the baskets of the co tank the FO for Mortars and the FO for Arty

It was wet cold and miserable especially when ever the loader opened his hatch and handed out food to us or drinks and you could just see the heat distorting the air from the hatch

 

We both had a 371 radio on our backs with redirection/retransmission via our 240GD and our binos
image.png.f5bf4cf1e606367b5fe5f3e1b58a7563.png

if you fill that basket with cammo nets and other stuff you can sit there but as you know Oksbøl is always wet windy cold and miserable 

 

MD

 

I only have one thought about riding around in that turret basket and it's

 "Boy would I feel better around riding around in that turret basket if it was protected from fragmentation!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 2:11 PM, DanTDBV said:

The question is what kind of documentation would be needed for the additions to the external model and the crew views of a no interior crewable version?

I have access to this fully operational Centurion MK5 2DK

 

Picture is a framegrab from a video I shot at Åben Hede last year.

 

Happy Simming

I have said this before, but I'll say it one more time...

 

In the case of vehicles like this where it is no longer on the front lines, I would be perfectly happy to have the eSim team make something as accurate as can be done, with corners cut for time and money sake, and tell us 'Hey look, we're in this to make money, and this thing doesn't make money, so we cobbled this together, go have fun and don't complain or we'll gag you.'.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not the lack of profitability, it's the lack of excess manpower (and the resulting opportunity costs). Once that we have completed the work on the engine change and everything else related to 5.0, we'll free up some capacity to work on exotic or historic vehicles again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

 

I only have one thought about riding around in that turret basket and it's

 "Boy would I feel better around riding around in that turret basket if it was protected from fragmentation!"

I usually swapped my loader for the FO and kept him in the turret.

 

The Loader and FO's Ack would follow the Sqn in the Land Rover a bound or two back.

 

If the OC is firing (and needing the loader), something is wrong with the plan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...