Mounting vehicle can run out of reloads?

IamKirk

I had some technicals and the dismounts ran out of ammo.  I had them mount twice and waited at least 2 minutes and when they dismounted again, they still had no ammo.

Is it possible for the mounting vehicle to run out of supply?  Is there a way to check if it is empty or what its supply is?

@IamKirk I ran a test and came up with the following:

Using a 1.2t Technical (one that comes with troops) - you don't say above if the technical you are trying to reload from is an "APC Technical", a "RCL Technical" a "Mortar Technical", etc.

I dismounted the troops and removed the rifle team in the Mission Editor (just for simplicity). I also reduced the MG team's ammunition to 100 rounds (for testing purposes).

I expended ammunition in the MG Team and remounted the technical.

Subsequent dismount and the MG team had 100 rounds again.

As a control I then expended ammunition again and marched over to a BTR-80 and mounted them in that. Again when they dismounted they had 100 rounds.

Perhaps its just a case of mounting the infantry into the right type of technical?

Technical vs APC reloads 4_167.sceTechnical vs APC reloads 4_167_21108_071920MARKS-PC-2011438.aar

It is my understanding that this is a feature that was added in the last release.  And that it only applies to ATGM's AFAIK.  So at this point no vehicle should have "unlimited" ATGM loads.   Because of technical limitations I think the total number of reloads is a random variable.  You will have to wait for Volcano(Encyclopedia of SB knowledge) to see this thread for more detail.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:51 AM, Gibsonm said:

@IamKirk I ran a test and came up with the following:

Using a 1.2t Technical (one that comes with troops) - you don't say above if the technical you are trying to reload from is an "APC Technical", a "RCL Technical" a "Mortar Technical", etc.

I dismounted the troops and removed the rifle team in the Mission Editor (just for simplicity). I also reduced the MG team's ammunition to 100 rounds (for testing purposes).

I expended ammunition in the MG Team and remounted the technical.

Subsequent dismount and the MG team had 100 rounds again.

As a control I then expended ammunition again and marched over to a BTR-80 and mounted them in that. Again when they dismounted they had 100 rounds.

Perhaps its just a case of mounting the infantry into the right type of technical?

Technical vs APC reloads 4_167.sce 72.11 kB · 0 downloads Technical vs APC reloads 4_167_21108_071920MARKS-PC-2011438.aar 154.71 kB · 0 downloads

@Gibsonm:  Thanks.  Not sure what the technical is called, but it was the pickup truck with a machine gun in the back.  Probably a 50cal.  The truck carried two teams of 5 each, or it is a 4 and a 5.  It did not have missiles, or rockets, or mortars.  Just your standard bang bang chain fed bullets mounted on a pole.

• Members

A "Technical" is a pickup truck with some armament. The term was coined in the Somalian civil war, possibly for mercenaries hired by international NGOs under the accounting term "technical support", if Wikipedia is to be believed. Anyway, it does not apply to the dismounted soldiers. In this context, "Technicals" are the poor man's APC that will offer, like real APCs, ammo reloads for attached infantry (but no armor protection, obviously).

1 hour ago, IamKirk said:

I tried to load the technicals into a BTR, but I could not figure out how to do it.  When I mounted them into the truck they came from I just selected the infantry unit and clicked on mount.

Move the dismounts over to near the BTR, then in the 3D world, right click on the BTR's icon in the lower right hand corner and if the dismounts are close enough they should be listed in the "load troops" menu.

Its not automatic like the technical because the technical and the dismounts are "linked" (since the dismounts come bundled with the technical). The BTR is just nearby and can carry troops.

Edited by Gibsonm