Winter!

Warda

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's because they don't have steel track, they have rubber belts.... kind of like the old US WWII M2/M3 halftracks. That's half why the US HTs were so much easier to produce and maintain than the German ones with the steel-link tracks.

... and apparently those steel belted rubber treads just never wear out; there's one (M3 HT) sitting in my old unit's motor pool, and the treads look new, 60 years later!

OMG!!!! Can you belive it. The city plowed my street and put the snow in my driveway.Someone got through and made an opening so I thought I could get through, after all I jsut spent almost $500 on snow tires. NO...... I got stuck and my road side service with my insurance said since it was the cities fault that they would no tow me. I only needed to be pulled back 10 feet maybe. I was so upset I started to cry (remeber guys I am a girl and sometimes we can't control that). Well this nice guy in a 4X4 pulled me out and even gave me money. I am so impressed. I do plan on doing somthing nice for someone else and passing on that money as soon as I can.

my faith in people is now restored.

Warda

If you can get over the rednecks and the blue hairs, this place aint too bad,

75 degrees right now and once again i"ll be walking around in shorts and a t-shirt feeling sorry for those snowed in and or freezing their arses off :)

I love rednecks and blue hairs. You want to change places? ;) Merry Christmas!

If you can get over the rednecks and the blue hairs, this place aint too bad,

75 degrees right now and once again i"ll be walking around in shorts and a t-shirt feeling sorry for those snowed in and or freezing their arses off :)

I'll trade ya! this place is get'n yupafied with city folk :decu:

Can you belive it my neighbors are digging the complex out with a rented snow blower. I think they diserve a medal. Normally I love a little snow but this is jsut plain stupid, we have 40 inches of it and expecting an ice storm tonight. Is it spring yet?

Warda

I am really getting tired of the snow. Once again I got stuck today and could not make it to work. Its not like I have a pos car. I have a nice buicke Le saber fairly new too. It has 4 brand new snow tires. Its jsut that this damb snow is so deep. We have about 40 inches now and its still snowing. The roof of my complex has started to cave in. Three apts. in the upper floor are now unlivable. I HATE THIS!!!!

Sorry just Venting

Thanks for listening

Warda

On the west side the standard operating procedure to encountering snow or ice is to scream, slam on the brakes, and abandon your car in the middle of I-405.

I couldnt put it better myself.

I-5 was a disaster last week. People were doing 360's on the highway.

I'm a New Jersey native, so the fact that 6" of snow pretty much shut down the entire west coast of Washington made me laugh.

I've noticed there is little to no snow removal that occurs here. I havent seen any cities using salt on the roads - only sand (sand doesnt do anything!)

Its frustrating. It took me 4 hours to go from exit 114 to 125 and back.

My son is stationed at fort lewis and he told me about all that.I remeber one year when I was growning up there I think we got maybe six inches and power lines went down and schools where closed and well everything came to a stand still. LOL wipms . Here we have called out the air national gaurd tohelp with snow removal now. I still want to know what all this talk about global warming is all about.

They said on the news last night that since last Jan. we havehad a total of 135.5 inches. Normally they only measure seasons but they decided to add the total for the year of 2008. Our normal snow fall a year is 48 inches. We even had snow in June this last year. This is just crazy!