How to Import/Convert old Bagdad SCE Map...?

Kilo60

I have the SCE in the "My Scenarios" folder but can not get it to show when trying to open in the map editor.

Reinstalled this sim on my new PC.  It's been awhile since I've converted an old Legacy Map so does anyone have a suggestion on what I need to do?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I have the SCE in the "My Scenarios" folder but can not get it to show when trying to open in the map editor.

Reinstalled this sim on my new PC.  It's been awhile since I've converted an old Legacy Map so does anyone have a suggestion on what I need to do?

Thanks!

Well firstly you can't open a scenario (a file that ends in .sce) in the Map Editor.

The Mission Editor lets you edit Missions / scenarios (assuming they aren't password protected).

The Map Editor lets you edit maps (not likely to share the same name as the scenario).

It may be a simple case of not using the right tool for the job.

If you try to open the Mission in the Mission Editor and get an error about the mission using an out of date map, then you need to follow the link that 12Alfa posted.

21 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Well firstly you can't open a scenario (a file that ends in .sce) in the Map Editor.

The Mission Editor lets you edit Missions / scenarios (assuming they aren't password protected).

The Map Editor lets you edit maps (not likely to share the same name as the scenario).

It may be a simple case of not using the right tool for the job.

If you try to open the Mission in the Mission Editor and get an error about the mission using an out of date map, then you need to follow the link that 12Alfa posted.

Doah....!

You're Right!

Now I remember converting the Map in the Mission Editor last time!

Now I can't locate the Old Legacy Baghdad Flat.Ter map...

Anyone know where I can find it?

I have installed the Legacy Maps converter.

Thanks!

Edited by Kilo60

• Members

There is no "Legacy Maps Converter". Just the "Legacy maps" (=data). It's just that they can be useful for many scenarios that use the old height maps, even if the terrain map is just embedded in the scenario file itself. From which you could extract it with the Mission Editor if you couldn't find the original map.