Jump to end

ht-57

Good day all,

I've recently installed v1.467 , it was 4.156 

I need a'lil help with "jump to end" conditioned route.  I just can't get it to work. I have placed one unit with two possible routes using the "random variable x1"

after unit selects or rather variable route is chosen no matter what I do the unit "drives" to end instead of jumping. I'm quite sure I'm missing something that's right in front of my eyes which is usually the case.

I've attached a small one unit .sce on the smallest flat map possible for demonstration purposes.

TYVM, to anyone who may assist.

jump to end test.sce

Edited by ht-57
updated attachment

• Members

Jump to end works only for routes that originate directly from the unit that you want to jump, and gets evaluated only when the unit spawns. That could already be at the beginning of the Planning Phase (e.g. when using a simple random variable and no other restrictions), or later during the mission, if the unit spawns with a delay.

I'm relatively confident that it's described in the user's manual, which, being a PDF, has the awesome full-text search function allowing you to find a keyword like "jump" in less time than reading this reply.

:)

TYVM for reply!  I did read manual and its pretty much verbatim as you have so kindly taken the time to reiterate for me. but I'm really having prob wrapping my brain around this one for some reason. So in above .sce-  I set my unit to spawn after 10sec, Have two possible routes coming directly from unit ,both  routes with "jump to end condition" set to simple a random variable. Yet the unit drives to selected way point.

4 hours ago, ht-57 said:

So in above .sce-  I set my unit to spawn after 10sec, Have two possible routes coming directly from unit ,both  routes with "jump to end condition" set to simple a random variable. Yet the unit drives to selected way point.

Well, for some  reason 'Jump to the end if...' logic for  both routes in your test scenario has 'Before checking, wait: 0:02' set,  and this 2-second wait time causes all the mess.

what in the wide wide world of sports!

TY  Jartsev for taking the time to check that out!!  I knew it was something simple, I didn't even consider that, 

8 hours ago, Ssnake said:

and no other restrictions

So that's what this means....duh 🥴

no reason for that being there other then it was a few hours

in to the scenario editor engagement and wasn't seeing or thinking that clearly by that time as well as my ineptitude. This sim is like a drug- I don't use sbpro all the time but when I do I'm a binge user,

its always "I'll just add one more unit, just one more route, just test this one thing "  poof its 2am, where did the last few hours go????????

any how thank you both again Ssnake and Jartsev for giving me a helping hand!