Video Editing Software Deal!

Lt DeFault

A few months ago I bought some new [to me] video and audio editing software. I used to make videos of SB campaigns and I figured since I plan on getting back into it I'll probably want to record again. Anyway, I finally got around to messing with the software (Vegas Pro) on my laptop, using my T.V. as a monitor with an HDMI cable connecting the two. Here is a pic of the program running with the default layout:

5WVZpqCh.jpg

The larger screen on the T.V. is nice, but the video preview is still kind of small. So I moved some stuff around to make it bigger:

DHo7rVth.jpg

This was better ... but then I realized I could pop the video preview out of the program and at the top of the window is a button that makes it full screen on an external monitor. So I turned on both the laptop screen and the T.V. as dual monitors, put the preview on the T.V. and the program on the laptop screen. Then I opened a bunch of new panels that looked important and all of a sudden I became a big shot producer. 😎

... Actually I have little to no idea what I'm doing. But here's a video of what it looked like:

But I digress. The point of this post was supposed to be: if you want to make videos too, there is a great deal right now over at Humble Bundle. You can get $678 worth of video and audio editing software for just $25!! It's not the same program I'm using, but it's probably better. It'll be available for about 13 days after I post this. But even if you miss it, I'm sure they'll have a similar offer sometime in the not-too-distant future. I used FRAPS to actually record the footage, and to be honest I have no idea how much I paid for that, but it can't have been much because I'm a cheapskate ... which is good because I'm also poor.

Cheers!

I haven't installed it yet, but I was just checking it out the other day. It looks awesome, I just have to talk myself into installing and setting it up. One of the things I like about CW is how casual it is. I'm not sure if I want to make it any tougher or more serious. However, I would love to see a modern sub study sim.

I use OBS Studio to record, Voice Meeter Banana to multi-track the sound, and Davinci Resolve to edit.  All are free (I did donate to OBS and Voice Meeter).  There are a lot of videos on youtube to help set the first two with Team Speak.  

Don't worry Sean, I post more than enough for both of us.

Edited by TSe419E

1 hour ago, Lt DeFault said:

I haven't installed it yet, but I was just checking it out the other day. It looks awesome, I just have to talk myself into installing and setting it up. One of the things I like about CW is how casual it is. I'm not sure if I want to make it any tougher or more serious. However, I would love to see a modern sub study sim.

Oh, ok. Though you were playing it.  I havent installed it yet because Iam going with a playthrough I have to finish of another game.  This year I have decided to do things that way, AKA start-finish one game before I even think of another, well maybe two games LOL!

As for the EpicMod, from what I have seen, it´s way more credible then the vanilla game, so might aswell start a campaign with the mod and learn the tactics with it.

Sorry for the off topic.

Just some tips:

Set your Bitrate to something like 15000 kbps or higher (don´t need to go to high as YT will ignor to high settings). Use H.264 (codec) compresion for YT. Framerate no less then 30. Audio to 44.1kHz at 16 bit resolution, no need to go for DVD quality (48kHz) for YT. If you have a good GPU, let it do the accelaration (render).  Settings might be slightly different in Vegas, but Iam sure most of these settings can be found in Vegas.  Have fun!

Red

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

FRAPs (although not updated in the past years) is still one of the best solutions in terms of recodring gameplay - you need a LOT of free HDD space though and good CPU support, OBS is a good choice as well. For editing I'd go with Vegas due to the easy interface.