Nvidia RTX30

Red2112

I feel sorry for those who invested in the RTX20 series.  Personally I didn´t see that much of a benefit between Pascal and Turing to justify the price tag, but now this has changed with the RTX30 series.  IMHO this one year lifespan of the RTX20 series up un till this new RTX30 has been a kick in the nuts to those Nvidia fans, and this new RTX30 series proves that.  So far so good on paper but we still have to see it live...

Red

I'm willing to wait for the RTX30xx+ gen, that is, 3070ti. There is a big gap in specs between the 3070 and 3080 and looking back, this gap was covered by the xx70ti which was always more like the xx80 than the xx70. In this case, the gap is really wide. It's like 50% in wattage alone! On the other hand, as opposed to the 10xx series, the 3080 uses the same die as the 3090 while the 3070 is a smaller kind, so to have anything better than a marginal improvement over the 3070, if ever, I speculate the 3070ti might use the bigger die. I think that it will only depend on what AMD releases. But of course, I'm just guessing.

Edited by stormrider_sp