My toy

GI Joe

0731191334a.thumb.jpg.d5bf6dec46271b347ce49b4a564aeb79.jpg

Hello all, just wanted to share my ten year project. getting closer to running old steel beast M1A1 since for my use it has all the components to run the sim. If anyone is in Central Florida and would like to help on tweaking the software I could use the help. Im working on the interface of the controls on the unit hopefully running by next year. First pic is during assembly , second is latest with interior lights taken from commanders seat.

0914201218.jpg

Edited by GI Joe

9 hours ago, Braul said:

Looks like the crew trainer from Simnet. We used these in Schweinfurt in the early to mid 90'2

That's a UCOFT (Unit Conduct of Fire Trainer) enclosure.  My question is if you (GI Joe) will try to use the original IR sensors at each sight to mange the various screens or try to reflex the sights to a single screen.

Edited by MAJ_Fubar

On 9/15/2020 at 6:15 PM, MAJ_Fubar said:

That's a UCOFT (Unit Conduct of Fire Trainer) enclosure.  My question is if you (GI Joe) will try to use the original IR sensors at each sight to mange the various screens or try to reflex the sights to a single screen. The old system and optics., what was there as I built it back is gone. Updating with current mods. The biggest issue is the optics.