• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/13/2020 at 7:19 AM, Grenny said:

sorry...delay, need to ermake because of shitty sound

Second try..not good, but a bit better:

Does the underlying terrain tile "conversion" happen when you fire the MICLIC too?

For those risk takers who just want to fire a MICLIC and go and not wait for the plough to prove the route and the marker team to sign post it.

Edited by Gibsonm
typo

Breaching without letting the engineers proof the breach? Ah, no. I have been forced to try this for real. Was in a Hummer,  part of the first element through, incredibly rough and very slow passage, slow being the opposite of what’s required for passing through breaches, came across a boulder that probably weighed more than an M1 and would have stopped it as it stopped us about two thirds through. It happened in 92 so I don’t remember what the remedy was but I think a valuable lesson was learned by all involved! Proof the breach.

Not quite sure this may be the result in game but other surprises may await!

somebody could try it and post results, might be fun.

22 hours ago, alan.payne said:

Breaching without letting the engineers proof the breach? Ah, no. I have been forced to try this for real. Was in a Hummer,  part of the first element through, incredibly rough and very slow passage, slow being the opposite of what’s required for passing through breaches, came across a boulder that probably weighed more than an M1 and would have stopped it as it stopped us about two thirds through. It happened in 92 so I don’t remember what the remedy was but I think a valuable lesson was learned by all involved! Proof the breach.

Not quite sure this may be the result in game but other surprises may await!

somebody could try it and post results, might be fun.

We've done it before in game without proofing the breach. While not ideal, it is doable. Just avoid the remaining mines, and follow the guy in front of you very carefully. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wie tried to implement how it would work if it worked, but since it doesn't and the customer had no elevated interest in it in the first place (because it doesn't work, anyway) we eventually stopped development on it. So, it's realistically and adequately modelled, I'd say.

This is becoming nail biting:

a. Will I get home and out of quarantine before release date (i.e. have access to the PC)?

b. Will I be able to repair / recover my machine's SSDs before release date (both of which have failed / "died" while I've been away).

Edited by Gibsonm

52 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

Framerate went from smooth as silk (~45-50fps) in 4.1 to sideshow (~25-30fps) in 4.2 beta

Unless you were loading the GPU with something else while demonstrating 4.2 ?

It is a noticeable drop.

Hmm, framerates are basicly the same...could be something with FRAPS...