Revert to older version

exp333

I recently purchased the upgrade license from 4.023 to 4.167. 4.023 ran smoothly, no problems, but this new version is simply unplayable with my outdated graphics card. (extremely low frame rate). I've tried everything and no graphics alterations make any real difference. So I am wondering, can I uninstall 4.167 and reinstall 4.023? Will the new license or recent codemeter updates screw that up? I have purchased all the license upgrades since 2.5.  

• Members
1 hour ago, exp333 said:

I recently purchased the upgrade license from 4.023 to 4.167. 4.023 ran smoothly, no problems, but this new version is simply unplayable with my outdated graphics card. (extremely low frame rate). I've tried everything and no graphics alterations make any real difference. So I am wondering, can I uninstall 4.167 and reinstall 4.023? Will the new license or recent codemeter updates screw that up? I have purchased all the license upgrades since 2.5.  

Yes!

You may uninstall 4.167 and then simply reinstall version 4.023. Your software licenses are safely stored in your CodeMeter stick.

(Even time-based licenses would survive such a version swap.)

Just out of curiosity, what graphics card model and CPU do you have?

It worked. Thanks alot.

13 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Yes!

You may uninstall 4.167 and then simply reinstall version 4.023. Your software licenses are safely stored in your CodeMeter stick.

(Even time-based licenses would survive such a version swap.)

Just out of curiosity, what graphics card model and CPU do you have?

I have an older Dell workstation  I got for graphic arts, mostly photoshop. It does have a 4 core processor (Xeon) and 32 Gigs of RAM but the graphics card (NVS 310) only has 512MB. The main problem seemed to be the level of detail in the ground texture. I tested it by turning all the sliders to zero and driving around different maps and I found that if I kept the camera view to the top half of the vehicle the frame rate was decent but as soon as I panned down to the ground it got drastically worse. It didn't make any difference if it was a map filled with objects or a completely empty map.  I do have a Inspiron gaming laptop with a GeForce GTX 1060 but it has a power issue I need to get fixed. Once I get it fixed I'll be abler to play the new version. (which does look great by the way).

• Members

Have you reduced the terrain cache slider to minimum (Alt+D dialog). That one tries to fit the whole map into graphics memory, likely to exceed the amount that you have, so a good part of the graphics data will be kept in system RAM, with the resulting abysmal performance. Try that, and in the Graphics dialog (Alt+D) keep shadow mapping at 3 or under, and possibly reduce the road render detail level.