DF90 occasionally gets LRF damage without obvious reason

Lumituisku

Recently I have played quite bit of DF90... and first I though that you can easily burn laser range finder like on M1s, but futher testing of that theory made me baffled. Turns out that DF90 just turns laser range finder off for a moment preventing damage to it, to such degree that it is nearly impossible to do so.  However, occasionally even on tank range, or on mission, you get laser range finder damage quite easily.  On missions I though that it must have been because it was hit by frackment,  but how could that be true on tank range???  

So I have kept my eyes open, and done some abusive testing   And it seems impossible to get laser range finder damage... until it isn't and then it is again.  I just don't get it.   I have been on tank range trying to abuse DF90s laser range finder.. and it seems to have something to do with dust or focus on thermal sight?   

Here is two videos I have recorded of it.  Sadly I don't have videos of this happening on missions, as I have been on commanders spot on those and don't have knowledge of what exatly my friends as gunners have done to get that happen. 

Has anyone else seen this happen?  does someone know why?