Error to join session

TheClosetMonster

Trying to play with a friend over network session, and every time he attempts to join my session he receives an error saying simply "Error joining session".

He just downloaded this program, so i doubt its any issues with files on his end, and i reinstalled my copy to no avail. My ports are open; the session appears in the list for him.

I'm at a loss, anyone have any ideas? 

9 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Another brilliant victory for eSim Games Tech Support, solved in under two hours.

I think you misunderstood my reply.  

I asked a question which was very obviously answered in his original post so I editted/deleted it.  For some reason I could not just delete the whole post(probably a user issue) so I left the message I did.

The problem stated in the original post is still an issue to the poster.

40 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

The problem stated in the original post is still an issue to the poster.

is it possible that there could be files conflicting? we're both running the same version of the game, and as far as I know i'm not running any mods (honestly can't remember, i'll have to check)

i would like to think that is ports were the issue it simply wouldn't appear at all for him, so im leaning towards the idea that maybe there's in incompatibility of some kind in the files
essentially, im trying to find someone else to try and join my session if possible. if they can join, the issue is on his end, if not, its on my end

I'd try testing with one of the stock scenarios that comes with SB. If that still doesn't work in MP, check that it can be loaded in single player on both systems. If it works in single player on both systems, it sounds more like a networking issue. For the port forwarding only ports 2300 and 2400, both UDP, need to be open to host (no port forwarding required for clients.)