No voices

jlh

New computer yesterday. Windows 10. Updated the Codemeter. Downloaded and installed the Map Packages from esim. Downloaded and installed 4.167 from esim. Everything seems OK except there are no voices. All other sound effects seem to be present but no voices in any language.

So I uninstalled. Re-downloaded from esim. Turned off McAffee fire wall. Reinstalled. Still no voices. This is at least the third computer on which I have had this sim and this is the first problem I've had. I've considered installing 4.162 and then the 4.167 patch but I don't know where to get 4.162.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

I've tried all the English languages and German. Went to: Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds.

In 'sounds', there are two folders. First is 'FX' containing a file named 'FXList-4_167', it contains hundreds of wav files.

The second file in 'sounds" is 'voices'. Voices contains a folder for each language listed in SB. Every folder is empty. Also in 'voices' is a file called 'VoiceList'. It contains a long list of wav files.

• Members

Okay, so we can rule out a mod that contains nothing but silence in the voice recordings.

Since you're hearing the other sounds, I suppose volume settings and sound card driver issues etc. can also be ruled out.

Let's check if your original program folder contains everything that it should. Please look up

C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\loc\Deutsch (or English)\voices

How many files does it contain, and what's the folder's total byte size? (right-click, Properties)

My sincerest apologies for wasting your time. The problem is with my speakers or the connection between my speakers and the computer. Mechanical sounds and even music sounds pretty normal. Human speech cannot be understood and in most cases cannot be heard. I discovered this by going to Youtube. I'm sure it is not SB. Again sorry for the false alarm. I should be able to fix this problem myself. Thanks. Great simulation.