Problems hosting/joining a server

yumogi99

I'm trying to host a server to duel with my friends on and I have exhausted every resource available to me. I have tried port forwarding, making sure .sce and game versions are exactly the same as well as other aspects. 

I have also tried using LogMeIn Hamachi to host and that hasn't worked either. This has never happened in any other game or simulator regardless of what conditions and variables are or are not taken into consideration so it's obviously a problem with the game, or involving the rights the game is allowed on my computer. Before anyone asks, My friends and I have also tried running the game and Hamachi in administrator mode. Help is much appreciated, I'd like to fully enjoy what I paid $130 for.

Ok so lets start at the beginning.

1. Does your PC have a static IP address so that the routing tables in your Router will always go to the "right" place?

2. Do you either have:

2.a. A static WAN address so that the people wishing to join can just use the same IP address everytime? or

2.b. Does your ISP change your external IP address on a regular basis - if which case are the people trying to connect using the latest / correct one?

3. Have you (only the person Hosting needs to do this) opened the following Ports on your Router and setup a rule to forward it to the static IP address as est in "1."?

3.a. 2300 UDP on the Router to 2300 UDP on your PC.

3.b. 2400 UDP on the Router to 2400 UDP on your PC.

3.c. 47624 UDP on the Router to 47624 UDP on your PC.

Then we move onto to same versions of software (e.g. both need to be 4.167, etc.), etc.

Edited by Gibsonm

5 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Ok so lets start at the beginning.

1. Does your PC have a static IP address so that the routing tables in your Router will always go to the "right" place?

2. Do you either have:

2.a. A static WAN address so that the people wishing to join can just use the same IP address everytime? or

2.b. Does your ISP change your external IP address on a regular basis - if which case are the people trying to connect using the latest / correct one?

3. Have you (only the person Hosting needs to do this) opened the following Ports on your Router and setup a rule to forward it to the static IP address as est in "1."?

3.a. 2300 UDP on the Router to 2300 UDP on your PC.

3.b. 2400 UDP on the Router to 2400 on your PC.

3.c. 47624 on the Router to 47624 on your PC.

Then we move onto to same versions of software, etc.

1. > No, I just fix the IPv4 referred to in the port forward (for lack of a better term) "setting" and I've never had any other problem aside from that. Too easy to fix.
2.a. > I'm not sure. If I'm understanding correctly is a WAN address the same as my external IP address?
2.b. > I'd assume so. I'm not paying for a static IP address but the one people are using is current and up to date. Or at least it should be, in the case that it's not i'm not sure how i would get any more accurate with that.
3. > Yes, as I said previously I make sure the internal IPv4 is the same as what is listed in CMD when inputting "ipconfig /all" as I would do when hosting on any other game.
3.a. > and on: This is where i may be reading into what you typed too much or not. Is there a secondary, local setting on my pc that i need to set to accept the port forward set on my router? As I understand it, all i should (and have ever had to do) is set the ports on my router using the current local IPv4 and then it would work fine. 

Also, I know that 2300 and 2400 are ports used for SB but I've never seen 47624 before, and could be the issue depending on what that is.

Yes the Wide Area Network (WAN) is your external address. I had issues with others where their IP changes on a semi regular basis.

So one of your friends might use say 1.1.1.1 and be able to connect on Monday, but on Tuesday your ISP changes it to 1.1.1.2 and they are unable to connect.

If you aren't paying for a static one, then I suggest you use "what's my IP" or similar every time you want to host to confirm what the External / WAN IP address will be for that session.

Lastly add 47624 to the Routing Table and see how you go.

• Members

I presume that you and your friends thought of whitelisting Steel Beasts in the Windows Firewall. It pops up behind the Steel Beasts window if set to fullscreen mode, so you may want to start SB Pro PE once in windowed mode to assure that there are no hidden warning messages lurking in the background (that would be closed with Steel Beasts, so you may never have seen them).

17 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Yes the Wide Area Network (WAN) is your external address. I had issues with others where their IP changes on a semi regular basis.

So one of your friends might use say 1.1.1.1 and be able to connect on Monday, but on Tuesday your ISP changes it to 1.1.1.2 and they are unable to connect.

If you aren't paying for a static one, then I suggest you use "what's my IP" or similar every time you want to host to confirm what the External / WAN IP address will be for that session.

Lastly add 47624 to the Routing Table and see how you go.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing every time i've hosted regardless of what game so it shouldn't be an issue. 
I'll try adding 47624 to my routing table and see how that goes and I'll let you know if that works out.

7 hours ago, yumogi99 said:

Yeah, that's what I've been doing every time i've hosted regardless of what game so it shouldn't be an issue. 
I'll try adding 47624 to my routing table and see how that goes and I'll let you know if that works out.

I'd also suggest you try "what's my IP" a couple of times.

A colleague ran it once, got a address, connection failed.

Ran it again within 5mins, received a different address and the connections worked.