KANIUM Sunday 25th of October - Operation Shock Force 01 by Apocalypse

Nike-Ajax

KANIUM Sunday 25th of October - Operation Shock Force 01 by Apocalypse

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 
World Clock 1800 GMT (Same time as always in Europe - now adjusted for Summer Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1800 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube channel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE II:

I suggest to all who play with us download and install Chris mappack:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr1jl33xxhacftx/SB Converted Maps v2.rar?dl=0

For the next three months at least we will be working with this mappack and the official one when making scenarios.

AS always, then we are running the session with the latest version of Steelbeasts.

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance 😁

map.thumb.png.48d26441c1ef2c8d76b4d1c2d6d0000c.png

360493220_map2.thumb.png.1645767a1a51a93940188626deffebbb.png

Operation Shock Force 01
by Apocalypse

I . Situation.

US Forces from 2nd Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division (Stryker) have landed at Al Barra Airfield after a successful Airborne landing by the 82nd Airborne Division. UAV has identified nearby enemy elements from the Republican Guard set in a defensive position to the east of Al Barra Airfield.

Soldiers from the 82nd Airborne have established inner-security around the base, and elements of 2/2 SBCT will continue to expand the perimeter of the the airbase until heavy armor can land via rail to the south. 2/2 SBCT must continue to expand the air port of debarkation (APOD) to the east, by seizing OBJ LION - a fuel depot and key piece of infrastructure.

Enemy.

Republican Guard have established a defense-in-depth starting with a company of BTR-80's and dismounted infantry set in a disruption zone along the 71 Easting.

We anticipate mostly motorized forces, but wouldn't rule out the possibility of reinforcement by enemy armor. In and around OBJ LION we have observed a company of BMP-2's with dismounted infantry.

Additional armor from Republican Guard forces are being held in reserve and will most likely counter-attack into the AO to support defenses at OBJ LION. Further east, we have observed artillery batteries (in multiple locations- displacing daily) as well as a Regimental HQ element (also displacing, daily).

Friendly.

A mixed combat team of armor and Strykers are available to continue expanding the airport of debarkation, while additional assets continue to land.

II. Mission.

2/2 SBCT attacks to seize key terrain and expand the allied foothold of Al Barra Airfield.

III. Execution.

Purpose. The purpose of this operation is to expand the established foothold of Al Barra airfield and continue offensive operations

Key Tasks.

1. Seize OBJ LION - enable the continued attack towards Al Barra city
        2. Destroy Enemy Regimental HQ
        3. Destroy Enemy Artillery

End State

1. Friendly Forces able to attack into Al Barra with a clear axis of advance
        2. Enemy forces defeated or destroyed, unable to influence offloading of further reinforcements or blocking advance into Al Barra
        3. OBJ LION is seized - key terrain is held by friendly forces
        4. Minimal collatoral damage to civilian infrastructure or way of life

Fires

-2x Organic Mortar Tubes
        -3x 155mm Battery in direct support (48rds HE/SMK)
        -10x Airstrike Available

IV. Support

Organic M88 Support, Medical Support, 1x Resupply Vehicle, and 1x FO vehicle.

V. Signals

a. Friendly Map Updates Only

Manning:

2/2 SBCT Command 

B66 (M1A2 (SEP)): Mirzayev (Kanium,US) (Hopefully and maybe)

A51 (PIRANHA IIIC TACP):

B1 (M1A2 (SEP))

B11 Assassin (Kanium,US)

B12 Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

B13 M. Canfield (Kanium,PL) (Maybe)

B14 Badger (Kanium,CAN)

B2 (M1A2 (SEP))

B21 Irish Hussar (Kanium,UK)

B22 HotPocketKill (?,?) (Relatively new to MP)

B23 Connaugh (Kanium,US)

B24 Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

B3 (M1A2 (SEP))

B31 Colebrook (Kanium,ESP)

B32 JAXcaron (?,US)

B33 ChrisReb (Kanium,UK)

B34 Snoggy (Kanium,US)

B4 (M1A2 (SEP))

B41 Nike-Ajax (Kanium,DK)

B42

B43 Saber (?,?) (Relatively new to MP)

B44 Rambler (Kanium,US)

A1 (PIRANHA IIIC w. M153 RWS PROTECTOR (M2)/LEMUR 40 MM)

A11 Apocalypse (Kanium,US)
A12 Croaker (?,?) (Relatively new to MP)

A13 O. Schmidt (Kanium,DE)

A14 Dboy (Kanium,UK)

A15 Wiglif (Kanium,US)

A18 Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

A4, A8 & A53 (CSS)

OPFOR: 

AI, none needed for now

Where needed:

Cant make it:

Rikki Tikki Tavi (?,US)

Hosting:

Assassin

(22/22)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Hello, I'm pretty new to this game but I've always wanted to participate in an online battle. I was wondering if i could jump in a tank and try it out with ya'll, i know the fundamentals of tanking but like i said new to the online stuff. Can i jump in B22, probably need help with some admin stuff tho. my online name is HotPocketKill. 

Edited by CJ_080_

B21 or B24

29 minutes ago, CJ_080_ said:

Hello, I'm pretty new to this game but I've always wanted to participate in an online battle. I was wondering if i could jump in a tank and try it out with ya'll, i know the fundamentals of tanking but like i said new to the online stuff. Can i jump in B22, probably need help with some admin stuff tho. my online name is HotPocketKill. 

Can you come on our TS3 server during the week and i will help you with rights , setup , Maps etc... both for the game and TS 3

I am euro zone so if you live someplace where you can come on in that time zone please PM me with a time suggestion and sunday 5 mins before we play is a no go 🤣

PS i am at work right now so right now dossent work either 

MD

Edited by Major duck

3 hours ago, Rikki Tikki Tavvi said:

A34 unless this is someone's favorite slot.  I can also gun for someone etc. If needed.

Hi Rikki

Everybody has favorite slots but they aren't fixed its first come first served unless there is a special reason.
Also know that since almost all of our sessions have the same platoon setup ie 4 Tanks 1 is the platoon leader and 4 is the platoon sergeant and 2 and 3 is the 2 wing men.

So normally if you chose A34 it would be the PSG.
So please tell us if its a command position you want or just a wingman 

MD

Edited by Major duck

4 hours ago, Rikki Tikki Tavvi said:

A34 unless this is someone's favorite slot.  I can also gun for someone etc. If needed.

Hi Rikki Tikka Tavi

I have put you in the B32 slot instead: because the B34 is the PLT SGT, and thus usally requires at least some experience. And from what I understand, then you are fairly new in MP?

In that is wrong, then please advice.

6 hours ago, CJ_080_ said:

First and foremost:

Welcome !

Further on that then we always welcome new people. Many start as gunners their first time, but that is in no way mandatory, but only an offer. Major Duck has offered you to set up your TS, an offer which I would take.

Makes it easier on Sunday,
We dont have any mandatory training, and only real rule is that we ask that you tell us if you cant make it to a Sunday game, after you already signed up. This for a number of reasons, including me knowing the manning,

Edited by Nike-Ajax

10 hours ago, Croaker said:

A rookie A1 slot, please. I'd may as well give it a try. I'll do the Lemur and Infantry tutorials.

You should train with the Lemur, because its one of the things you either know how to do or cant work with. Good with INF Tutorial - but otherwise then @Apocalypse 31 knows his stuff and you are in a very experienced group: and we always need more MECHINF - so GOOD choice !