Bigger map selection like in old pro versions

Swordsmandk

2 hours ago, Swordsmandk said:

Is it possible to make bigger map selections like in the old pro version. That means selection bigger than 22x22km?

Swords

Not through Pro PE.

However if you can tell me the area you need (I'll need the map name / file and 4 x Grids) I can make the baseline scenario in Pro and then you can open it in Pro PE and add units, etc.

Edited by Gibsonm
Added the requirement for the map name / file.

12 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Not with the Personal Edition, and that's not going to change.

Appetite for bigger maps is never going to be satisfied for any user group, no matter how big we'd make it.

But think of the possibilities! "SB Universe"! We could have tank battles on Proxima Centauri b.

23 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Not through Pro PE.

However if you can tell me the area you need (I'll need the map name / file and 4 x Grids) I can make the baseline scenario in Pro and then you can open it in Pro PE and add units, etc.

NW 05008410

SE 05007600

NE 33007410

SW 33007600

Scanie Map - Should be in the standard package.

Delta Map: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vq19dajeb9wcy7/sweden1 [autocreated base].rar?dl=0

Um ok. This seems to have its own deltas so I guess I'll now have a 4th Scania / Sweden map folder.

Did I mention that I really don't like this new system in terms of bloating the number of quasi duplicate files on my hard drive and creating confusion as to which map is actually which?

Edited by Gibsonm

11 minutes ago, Swordsmandk said:

When I picked the ScaniaSE in the map editor and saved the delta map it came out as sweden1

Its perfectly fine by me if its the ScaniaSE map

Just a reminder: Mark can make a larger mapwindow in the sce editor. But AFAIK only someone with the pro version of SB can edit the scenario on that map!

8 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Just a reminder: Mark can make a larger mapwindow in the sce editor. But AFAIK only someone with the pro version of SB can edit the scenario on that map!

I'll have to check but pretty sure that's not right. :)

But in any case there is another issue that may delay things.

Now that the update from 4.167 to 4.2x is delayed I have to wait anyway due to the "version number issue" (i.e. scenarios being edited in 4.167 need to be created in a version number 4.167 or earlier).

My Pro versions go from 3.535 (can't work with new map formats) to 4.2x (nothing in the 4.0 to 4.166 range) so I need to use one of the 4.2x versions to access the map, but then he'll need 4.2x in order to build the scenario.

Basically I can convert it now, but it will need to sit on a shelf until SB Pro PE 4.2x actually comes out.

Also I'm assuming that this "new" map has already had "bumpiness" and everything else adjusted???

Edited by Gibsonm

16 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

I'll have to check but pretty sure that's not right. :)

But in any case there is another issue that may delay things.

Now that the update from 4.167 to 4.2x is delayed I have to wait anyway due to the "version number issue" (i.e. scenarios being edited in 4.167 need to be created in a version number 4.167 or earlier).

My Pro versions go from 3.535 (can't work with new map formats) to 4.2x (nothing in the 4.0 to 4.166 range) so I need to use one of the 4.2x versions to access the map, but then he'll need 4.2x in order to build the scenario.

Basically I can convert it now, but it will need to sit on a shelf until SB Pro PE 4.2x actually comes out.

Also I'm assuming that this "new" map has already had "bumpiness" and everything else adjusted???

I trust you know that better than me. But I can wait for next version if that works out.

1 hour ago, Swordsmandk said:

NW 05008410

SE 05007600

NE 33007410

SW 33007600

Scanie Map - Should be in the standard package.

Delta Map: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vq19dajeb9wcy7/sweden1 [autocreated base].rar?dl=0

Right so despite those grids being messed up (e.g. your "SE" corner is in fact the "SW") - weren't you a gunner? :)

This is a pretty small map - 8 Km North South, 28 Km East West.

Also is it meant to have no vegetation (doesn't really align with my recollections of that map)?

SS_07_18_28.thumb.jpg.f69284b8becbfad6010328b868877407.jpg