How to add burning destroyed vehicles?

oscar

You need to script a "Pre Battle" Action

Place "Scenery" vehicles that are hostile to each other and let them fight it out.

Then script in a kill condition if you don't want them influencing the main event.

That is the best way to get "Randomised damaged/destroyed" vehicles

You cannot use the save in progress feature as then default to the standard dead vehicle.

9 hours ago, oscar said:

There must be some more simple way, I’ve seen it in scenarios before...

I think the "IED option" generates a % of burners - so some will and some wont.

I guess the other option would be to adjust the briefing to say the action happened X days ago - so that any resulting fires had gone out?

16 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

You need to script a "Pre Battle" Action

Place "Scenery" vehicles that are hostile to each other and let them fight it out.

Then script in a kill condition if you don't want them influencing the main event.

That is the best way to get "Randomised damaged/destroyed" vehicles

You cannot use the save in progress feature as then default to the standard dead vehicle.

Thanks for the heads up. Could you explain in more detail how this is done exactly? I just place vehicles which are enemy,s on the map at mission start and they duke it out before i reach the area or something?

28 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

Yes.

It is as simple or as complicated as you want it to be.

But that would mean there would be a total slugfest at my mission start? That would be kind of an immersion breaker. Anyway this can be done before i commence my actual mission start? Because I’m doing a mission based loosely on actual events during OIF. I want to simulate air strikes that occurred prior to the mission itself by having burned vehicles. I was inspired by IOF The Drive To Baghdad which covers the operations in Detail allong with actual footage showing all these smoke stacks caused by combat. 

Here is is actual documentary btw 

Edited by oscar