Multiple monitors, full screen detached mouse

Orthos5

Hi all, noob here so go easy on me. Well, I had v2.XXX many years ago but I don't remember much from that.

Anyway, I have 3 monitors on my PC. Not looking to do anything fancy like map displays on another monitor (although that would be cool...). 

Tried to search for this but didn't find what I was looking for. All I want to do is run SBPro in full screen mode and have the ability to "untrap" the mouse from the main screen so I can scroll pages on pdf manuals/web pages/videos on a 2nd & 3rd monitor. Is there a way? I know I can run in windowed mode but it would be nice if I could just have the mouse across all 3 screens while in full screen mode.

Thanks

• Members

No. I don't think Windows even supports mixing fullscreen and desktop mode.

That being said, there are various command line options such as --fullscreenwindow that you can check in a cmd window by calling SBProPECm64.exe with the --help parameter.

Note the leading DOUBLE dashes.

There are other games where you can set an option to trap/untrap mouse cursor, and yet other games where the mouse isn't trapped within the program at all. X-Plane11 is one off the top of my head where the mouse isn't restricted and you can move it about multiple screens. I do the same thing there - move the mouse to another monitor to scroll through pdf pages.

I'll try the fullscreenwindow parameter to see how that works.

Thanks!

• Members
3 hours ago, thewood said:

I can run MSFS in fullscreen and be able to move the mouse around freely to other screens.  I know Command Modern Operations does it as well.  Doesn't help with SB, but other games can do it.

OK, good to know. I suppose we can add that to The List, then.

• Members
3 hours ago, Orthos5 said:

I'll try the fullscreenwindow parameter to see how that works.

Note that you can run two instances of SB Pro on your computer with a single license, which in principle allows you to run the map screen in one window and your 3D situation in the other. Not sure if that works with the --fullscreenwindow option (I think 4.2 will bring the one or other improvement); might require to start one instance with the fullscreen option and the other in normal windowed mode. Or maybe there's Windows 10 features to push a Steel Beasts application window to a specific monitor (Win+Arrow left/right).