NOOB Cant get SB Running

dokken1212

Hi everyone

Sorry for being a total noob but I cant get SB running.

The SB Map Transfer Manager when I try 'Connect' says  - 'The system cannot find the file specified (7)' and when I try to start SB nothing happens other than it shows the days I have left on my subscription.

Not sure what the issues are but on the Debug.txt it says:

[11:15:22,987] CGame WARN : Package Downloader Local Communication Exception 'The system cannot find the file specified.' (7)
[11:15:22,987] CGame WARN : Could not connect to the map package download service!
[11:15:22,989] CGame ERROR: Pathengine version is incompatible with headers used for compilation!
[11:15:22,989] CGame ERROR: Could not initialize PathEngine!

Not sure if anyone can help - I have searched the forum and looked at stopping and restarting the SBMapPackageDownload in services but that didnt do anything, ensuring Administrator Rights etc.

I also followed the install instructions on the release notes

Thanks very much for any help/info 🙂

All the very best

James

Edited by dokken1212

So the SB Map Transfer Manager is only for downloading specific maps that do not come with the map installer. Are you trying to download a specific map for a scenario?

Ensure that you are executing the following steps to install SB:

1. Download and install the CodeMeter software (https://www.wibu.com/us/support/user/downloads-user-software.html)

2. Download and install the Map Package Installer (Part 1A through Part 3C and the Executable)

3. Download and install the SB Program itself (Part 1 - Part 6)

You'll need to place all items for each in the same folder, IE all Map Package Installer items go in the same folder.

The Map Transfer Manager is not necessary UNLESS you are planning on downloading Map Packages that are on the eSim cloud. There are a few guys who have done this on their scenarios. Install this last after you get the game running. 

I made a video on this about a week ago. See below, and let me know if it helps at all.

If you are still having problems, we can likely help talk you through it on the TankSim Discord: https://discord.gg/qC3zMrbW6J

Mirzayev - firstly, many, many thanks for your time and for providing such detailed information as well as your video. Worked brilliantly and the video was superb - made it real easy to install, start, in-game setup and do my first M1A2 introduction course on the Tutorial. Going to follow your advice and work my way through the Tutorials etc. Video was excellent and I have subscribed to your channel for the future videos too.

Thanks so much - I just uninstalled everything and reinstalled following your instructions and worked like a charm 🙂

Really appreciate it and keep going with the videos - was excellent 🙂