Adding conditions midway through route

podex

I'm creating a village of civilian/rebel mix and am looking to make the civilians run for cover once action starts. Is there a way to pull someone off a route once an event is triggered to have them head toward a different waypoint?

I have a few set as "embark if", but others I want to have walking down roads before the event is triggered. Those are the ones that I'm having issue with. I've tried placing them on a route, and creating another route with "embark if", but they ignore the second route altogether

17 minutes ago, podex said:

I have a few set as "embark if", but others I want to have walking down roads before the event is triggered. Those are the ones that I'm having issue with. I've tried placing them on a route, and creating another route with "embark if", but they ignore the second route altogether

Double check the conditions for their 'embark if' retreat route.

I use this technique frequently for when I want small patrols to retreat/break contact. 

1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Double check the conditions for their 'embark if' retreat route.

I use this technique frequently for when I want small patrols to retreat/break contact. 

Thanks for the help. I think I got it. It's just really ugly 😄

41 minutes ago, podex said:

Thanks for the help. I think I got it. It's just really ugly 😄

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've noticed that the"embark if" feature is not conditional...once it fires then it's complete.

So if you're using 2 embark if routes then they may be competing with each other.

In your case I would recommend that you put your desired units on a regular waypoint with no condition and use the "duck for cover" route with an embark if

Edited by Apocalypse 31

6 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've noticed that the"embark if" feature is not conditional...once it fires then it's complete.

So if you're using 2 embark if routes then they may be competing with each other.

In your case I would recommend that you put your desired units on a regular waypoint with no condition and use the "duck for cover" route with an embark if

That's pretty much how I got it working. The downside is now there's a million different waypoints to test if the event is true. It works, but it's getting hard to distinguish who is doing what.

Now I have to figure out why they're not running anymore. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, podex said:

That's pretty much how I got it working. The downside is now there's a million different waypoints to test if the event is true. It works, but it's getting hard to distinguish who is doing what.

Now I have to figure out why they're not running anymore. 🤷‍♂️

If you turn off routes and click on a unit you will see the route for ONLY that unit