SB Pro PE 4.250 Posted

Sean

• Administrators

A new bundle installer and pro pe installer have been built and uploaded.  If you downloaded yesterday through today at 15:45 GMT, then uninstall pro pe, delete the old bundle installer, then download the new bundle installer and leave Pro PE 4.250 checked to download and install the new one.

Lots of work went into this release, many thanks to the developers and beta testers!  Get the release notes and the new unified installer on the downloads page.

https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1607

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran the new installer and after a while it used up all the space on my C drive.... trying to find out now what it dropped over there because the downloader appeared to download the files into the folder from which the installer ran (which was on the F drive).

update: Assuming it was some temporary data that got cleaned up after I killed the installer. 

Now when re-running it and it runs the installer for the maps it shows the existing path in the installer which is great but it complains about there isn't enough space as it for some reason uses the C drive to check. 

Edited by inexus
new info

4 minutes ago, inexus said:

Ran the new installer and after a while it used up all the space on my C drive.... trying to find out now what it dropped over there because the downloader appeared to download the files into the folder from which the installer ran (which was on the F drive).

Uncheck the option to "keep installation on disk."

Quick guide on the installation. This is assuming that you have a PC with access to a relatively fast internet that can download the files in a timely manner. 

To install from scratch:

Leave everything checked except for "keep installation on disk." This will download all files, run the installation, and then delete the setup files. 

To upgrade:

- Uninstall Steel Beasts AND the Steel Beasts Map Transfer Manager. 

- Download the new SB Pro PE Bundle Installer

- Select the options that you wish to download (for those upgrading from 4.167 it will consist of the Steel Beasts program, and the Steel Beasts Map Transfer Manager.)

- Uncheck "keep installation on disk" unless you want to save the setup files onto your hard drive for, say, transferring to another PC.

- Install the upgrade. 

"Keep Installation on Disk" will leave the setup files on your computer after they are downloaded. Uncheck this unless you specifically want those files saved. 

Confused? Check page 3 of the Release Notes. 

Hey, quick question if anyone is about ...

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and install the map packages (tick the box in the bundle installer) if I already have the maps. I know there's at least one new map (Abraxas') but I've already downloaded it from the downloads section. I notice Mirzayev skips it in his helpful vid ... any pros or cons?

20 minutes ago, Splash said:

Hey, quick question if anyone is about ...

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and install the map packages (tick the box in the bundle installer) if I already have the maps. I know there's at least one new map (Abraxas') but I've already downloaded it from the downloads section. I notice Mirzayev skips it in his helpful vid ... any pros or cons?

I ran a comparison of the hashfile outputs for the map package installation files on the eSim download page, and the ones that I had from 4.167. The hashes were identical. Unless the new installer is downloading the map package installation files from another source, it appears that they are one and the same. 

• Members

Okay, looks like there's at least one thing that slipped through. The Piranha V mortar carrier (AAMS) can be equipped with an ammo type called STRIX. The round DOESN'T WORK. So, don't use it.

It was included in the beta for testing purposes and wasn't supposed to make it into the final release. Apologies, all.