SB Pro PE 4.250 Posted

Sean

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
6 hours ago, solus said:

I installed updated version the old way, e.g. via seven rar. files, and didn't download fancy new "bundle installer". 

Should I be worried, doc? 

I wouldn't be worried.

I would, however, recommend to download the seven pieces again (if you downloaded them before Friday afternoon (UTC-9)), and to install them over the existing installation.

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

...please explain, I don't think I understand your question.

I believe it was in 4.125 and the artillery would make deep sounding crump/rumph sounds in the distance on impact..Also which tracked units are mortar units??

So others don't suffer like I have, please note that an important part of the planning process has changed.

Saving a plan file ONLY saves waypoints, unit routes, etc. It does NOT save any graphics or text.

To save actual graphics/text/checkpoints etc, use the new map overlay feature. This allows you to save graphics and load them into ANY scenario. Gone are the days of no longer being able to use your tactical graphics because you changed one ammo type on one unit in a scenario. 

A welcomed change, to be sure. 

57 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

So others don't suffer like I have, please note that an important part of the planning process has changed.

Saving a plan file ONLY saves waypoints, unit routes, etc. It does NOT save any graphics or text.

To save actual graphics/text/checkpoints etc, use the new map overlay feature. This allows you to save graphics and load them into ANY scenario. Gone are the days of no longer being able to use your tactical graphics because you changed one ammo type on one unit in a scenario. 

A welcomed change, to be sure. 

Wow, wasn't aware of that - can't find it in the Release Notes either.

Basically you need to save the plan and the overlay now?

18 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Wow, wasn't aware of that - can't find it in the Release Notes either.

Basically you need to save the plan and the overlay now?

As much as I hate to say "it depends," well, it does.

If you want to save the scripting for your units (routes, waypoints, etc) then save the plan file.

If you want to save graphics, text, and all that *other* stuff, save as an overlay. 

If you need both, save both. 

• Members

The good news is that separating the graphical OpPlan from our .pln files makes it a lot more robust against scenario changes where .pln files will be invalidated by even minute changes (because thery are, in essence, "delta .sce" files that depend entirely on the source scenario to work).

On 1/23/2021 at 10:45 AM, Ssnake said:

Once that I have a new server executable to send out, I will contact everyone who received a link in the last 24 hours without further need to nudge me.

No pressure, but our next session is planned for roughly 48 hours from the time of this post.

If you need a "server" version of 2.450(v2) to support multiple 2.450(v2) clients, can I request that you consider this a reminder. ;)

Of course if a 2.450(v1) "server" can host a mix of 2.450(v1) and 2.450(v2) in the one session, then the pressure is off.

• Moderators
On 1/23/2021 at 7:05 PM, delta6 said:

I believe it was in 4.125 and the artillery would make deep sounding crump/rumph sounds in the distance on impact..Also which tracked units are mortar units??

The distant artillery sounds have not changed. Perhaps you aren't far enough away from the impact area to hear them as distant?

I followed the instructions in Mirzayev's excellent install video, except using V2 of the installer.  By the way ... thank you Mirzayev ... it was very helpful. 🤙

SB Pro PE 4.250 is now up and running just fine.

I did get a bit of a glitch because it tried to install Codemeter again, when I already had it installed, plugged in and it was working fine with v4.167.  So, I chose cancel for that part and it carried on with the rest of the install.  After a reboot, everything seems to be fine and I tested the RECON scenario and was also working.

Question... there's a new little checkbox that is OFF but can be checked ON.  It talks about road wheels?  Is this some kind of a graphics option?

1 minute ago, BadgerDog said:

Question... there's a new little checkbox that is OFF but can be checked ON.  It talks about road wheels?  Is this some kind of a graphics option?

Sorry I don't where the checkbox is that you are referring to - context might help. :)

Edited by Gibsonm